Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hunters Wellies - do they come up big or small?

(17 Posts)
LynetteScavo Mon 10-Aug-09 11:58:13

I'm ordering on line, so am a little nervous.

I'm normally a 7.....

Sourdough Mon 10-Aug-09 13:25:38

I find them pretty true to size. I have size 4 and I could be anything from 3 1/2 - 4 1/2. They fit with any socks I put under, including my thick woolies, so if anything they have a decent amount of room.

MabelStark Mon 10-Aug-09 15:20:33

Can you recommend a site for them? Fancying some myself!

Washersaurus Mon 10-Aug-09 15:25:52

I'm a 7 and they do come true to size...however they are not for the larger calved lady though.

I have the Hunter Festival wellies in Green, can't remember where I ordered them from, will have a check, they were a bargain though.

Tinker Mon 10-Aug-09 15:27:52

I got Hunter Festivals in red from TK Maxx - am a small size 6 and have size 5

Washersaurus Mon 10-Aug-09 15:32:07

Right, I got mine from Welly Warehouse a few months ago, they were £32.

LynetteScavo Mon 10-Aug-09 17:28:43

've ordered from here

but this website looked good too

and this

FlightHattendant Mon 10-Aug-09 17:32:42

Lynette

what style are you having?

I ask because the styles are vastly different imo.

I'm normally a 7 or 8 (mens 7, womens 8, 41/42)
I got a pair of Argyll mens in a 7, really large on me
Then a pair of ladies SArgyll in an 8, again too big sad

Finally bought a pair of the originals in our local scats, they are perfect and they're an 8. hmm they are hard to get off though as the bridge bit over your foot is quite trim, I wore them sockless once and they really got STUCK, ds had to try and pull them off blush

LynetteScavo Mon 10-Aug-09 18:20:34

I've gone for "oringial"...I coudn't really tell the differnece between original and festival.

I've gone for boring navy,(I quite like the violet gloss, but would prbably go off them after a week) and have odered some socks/welly warmers too.

kittywise Mon 10-Aug-09 18:22:02

I found them pretty big actually. I'm a 5 .5 but the 6 was massive so i got a 5 and that was fine

DontCallMeBaby Mon 10-Aug-09 18:27:14

I have the Huntress style, which are wider in the calf. They come up large but not extraordinarily so - my true shoe size is probably 5.5, normally 6 in 'fashion' stuff like Next, 5 in Dr Martens, and my wellies are a 5. Just a shame that the gift of calf don't get a very interesting selection of colours.

FlightHattendant Mon 10-Aug-09 19:22:48

Lynette you should be Ok then
I find they are pretty true to size, neither too large nor too small.

I got chocolate apparently, it said that on the label but they were kind of waxy whitish-grey looking...it's wearing off now and they are brown! Magic! smile

LynetteScavo Mon 10-Aug-09 21:09:36

I have never been excited about a pair of wellies before, but I can't wait for them to arrive! grin hmm

Tinker Mon 10-Aug-09 23:22:05

Yes, don't wear sockless. Creates some sort of panic-inducing vacuum effect when trying to pull off.

SameAsYou Mon 10-Aug-09 23:36:56

I love my Hunters and especially as i can fit in children's sizes!! Charles Clinkard do up to a size 5 - I got a 4 and find them quite roomy

Washersaurus Tue 11-Aug-09 11:07:34

The Festival wellies are exactly the same design as the original Hunters only has stripes on the inner and stripes under the buckle bit. I find them sooo comfy, took me ages to decide on a colour.

Tinker Tue 11-Aug-09 13:21:48

Mine were £25 from TK Maxx so worth looking in there every now and then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now