Talk

Advanced search

Smart work suits - where can I buy one?

(11 Posts)
Ceebee74 Sun 09-Aug-09 15:50:32

I am due back at work in September after having a baby and due to a big weight loss grin I am going to need a whole new work wardrobe which needs to include 2 suits.

I have always bought my suits from Next but have looked through the Autumn/Winter catalogue and am not really impressed by any of their suits tbh.

Where else sells nice, reasonable quality/priced suits?

Ceebee74 Sun 09-Aug-09 16:40:43

Bump

aarghhelp Sun 09-Aug-09 16:46:13

See what you think of jaeger and Hobbs sales. I have been re-stocking my work wardrobe, partly from there.

foxinsocks Sun 09-Aug-09 16:52:42

oh yes Next vile suits at the moment

have a black M&S trouser suit but you have to search through the dross and try the trousers on (as some have v odd crotches hmm). But those have been the best value suits I have bought tbh.

Don't know what your budget is.

bluejeans Sun 09-Aug-09 17:26:24

Actually got a nice work suit in Tesco (Florence & Fred) a year or so ago blush - went to meeting in Paris and a (successful) job interview and didn't feel as if I was dressed in Tesco!

Ceebee74 Sun 09-Aug-09 19:58:51

Thanks for the recommendations smile

Budget is definitely no more than £100 - will try M&S. Not sure if there is a Jaeger or Hobbs near me (not shops that I would have ever noticed).

I was really looking forward to buying a load of new clothes (it was my treat for losing so much weight) and Next has always been so reliable for me so was really disappointed when I got the new catalogue sad

Leeka Sun 09-Aug-09 20:07:55

Try ebay, I always buy Joseph suits as they fit me really well, usually under £30 and I could never afford them full price. If you know what brand fits you well in which size, there are great bargains to be had.

juanitad Sun 09-Aug-09 20:13:21

Hi Ceebee,

This thread caught my eye as I have been thinking much the same! I too was relying on Next, it's usually my failsafe for work clothes, so it's a shame their stuff isn't so nice this season. I was at Meadowhall the other day and saw some gorgeous stuff in Hobbs window, but I think they are quite pricey. I guess I might check out M&S too. I'm not looking forward to the prospect of shopping to be honest!!

Ceebee74 Sun 09-Aug-09 20:19:17

Mmm never thought about Ebay - might be worth a shot.

juanitad why dreading shopping?? I am really looking forward to it as I am going to go to the TC when Ds's are at nursery so I can have a lovely relaxing day smile <btw, don't go near Scrabble - you are going to hate me grin>

juanitad Sun 09-Aug-09 20:32:05

whenever I go shopping these days I always feel slightly rushed, thinking I should be getting back to P before too long. I also hate trying things on, although I love the feeling of getting home having made some nice purchases!!

Off to check Scrabble now.......what ridiculous score have you got now?!!

gigglewitch Sun 09-Aug-09 20:42:00

Having read the op I'm shock now, I got one of the new season ones straight outa the stockroom grin and it only cost me £50 for the lot grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now