Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Have Uggs had their time now or will we be in them again this winter?

(35 Posts)
Pennies Sun 09-Aug-09 10:41:46

Mine are a bit knackered and I was wondering if I should get some more for this year though. I can't help feeling they might be hitting the passe <insert correct accent for proper frenchiness> list soon maybe...

cookielove Sun 09-Aug-09 10:46:43

i never had them well i briefly had a pair of the grey cardy ones which i very much loved, so i think they will still be popular, you could change the type you have

LaurieFairyCake Sun 09-Aug-09 10:47:56

they hit that years ago grin

I'm thinking of buying a pair for the first time - I'm right behind the times me

plenty of pairs here wink

CybilLiberty Sun 09-Aug-09 10:48:06

I think they are here to stay. My mate has a good pair of shorter black ones and they look really good on. I'm considering a pair for the winter. She chuck'em in the washing machine and everything.

tiredoftherain Sun 09-Aug-09 14:21:06

Get the new Bailey Button ones which have just come out. They are lovely, a bit different. Have ordered some in chocolate to replace my knackered old ones from last year.
Worth every penny imo, I wear them practically every day of winter and they are bliss on your feet.

TheHappyCat Sun 09-Aug-09 17:52:47

Here to stay. The shop in Westfield is always busy with people buying in advance - including in weather like this! As if you wait til the cold weather kicks in, you can't always get them...
Got some chestnut classic tall but very tempted by some cardis... googling Bailey Button now

fairydust Mon 10-Aug-09 08:34:15

I'm loving the button ones but am worried i won't get much wear out of them what with it always raining or snowing as i can't imagine they'd be very good in the wet.

shhhh Mon 10-Aug-09 08:38:33

I have always lusted after a pair and last year had NEXT's own ones....good but wouldn't go beyond the winter....

So, dh insisted I treated myself so last week I bought some for me and a "mini me" pair for dd smile.

I got the classic short ones in chocolate.Can't wait till I get to wear them...

I hope they aren't on the way "out" and anyway so what if they are..be a leader winkgrin

sarah293 Mon 10-Aug-09 08:52:13

Message withdrawn

shhhh Mon 10-Aug-09 09:42:58

don't see many old ladies wearing ugg's wink

sarah293 Mon 10-Aug-09 09:53:34

Message withdrawn

K999 Mon 10-Aug-09 09:59:18

They are the comfiest thing on the planet! Dont care if they're not that flattering - gave up being 'fashionable' ages ago. Tis all about comfort for me now!! I practically live in mine, but would recommend buying the ones with the hiking sole as they keep their shape better. smile

shhhh Mon 10-Aug-09 10:05:20

yeah but riven, they are not uggs grin.

Im with k999, since having kids I find it easier to spend my days in comfy footwear (that i also like the look of..) and leave heels for nights out etc. Never thought I would, being only 4ft 11 I always wore heels but these days I would rather be able to run after my kids should I need to grin.

sarah293 Mon 10-Aug-09 10:18:05

Message withdrawn

CheeryCherry Mon 10-Aug-09 10:21:33

Riven I agree, shapeless wierd things they are. But then I don't like Crocs either, they are a summer plastic looking shapeless version!

geordieminx Mon 10-Aug-09 10:28:55

Off to NYC in October - do you think they'll be any cheaper over there?

foreverchanges Mon 10-Aug-09 10:38:32

i pondered this one too but then i thought frosty weather and warm toes .uggs cant be beaten for this imho

K999 Mon 10-Aug-09 10:50:34

Geordie - I would think so - everything is cheaper over there!! Could you get me another pair when you're there please?? grin

geordieminx Mon 10-Aug-09 10:56:32

Just the one pair??? Sure, anything else you need? Just send me a list grin

anniemac Mon 10-Aug-09 10:59:54

Message withdrawn

BigGobMum Mon 10-Aug-09 11:01:08

No. They always look filthy. I have never seen anyone with a clean pair on!

shhhh Mon 10-Aug-09 12:17:33

Mine are clean bigGob.....they are still unworn in their box grin

tiredoftherain Mon 10-Aug-09 13:08:09

mine are clean too! All 5 pairs of them blush
I think if you buy the fake sand coloured ones they do look dreadful. They go over at the heel, are made of synthetic nastiness which discolours and never ever look as good as the real thing.

EyeballsintheSky Mon 10-Aug-09 13:14:11

Please God let them have had their day. Although I do like having them around to laugh at, especially on teenage girls who wear them with not much more than a bikini in the height of summer. What's that about??

foreverchanges Mon 10-Aug-09 17:51:55

well ithink they are a fashion classic depends which sytle you choose im going for short metallic 'this season'
went for t k maxx ugg fakes last year !
essential for warm winter feet in my wardrobe

dont care if i look like a granny ,toasty toes cant be beaten

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now