Talk

Advanced search

jeans for skinny girl

(12 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Sun 09-Aug-09 08:21:24

My DD is 3, but usually wears 2-3 for the waist fit. But, the 2-3 are now way too short.

So, I ordered some Boden jeans for her age 3, and although the waist is ok (a little big) the leg length is about 2 inches too short.

Can anyone recommend any good quaility jeans that wash and dry well, that will be a good fit for a skinny girl with long legs?

I am thinking of ordering the slin fit jeans from Boden but I am sure the age 4 will be just too big elsewhere, and that they may look silly.

I want to order 2 pairs ready for her start to nursery next week. So will be wanting ti get them ASAP.

Thanks ladies, any help really appreciated!

J&G

runnyhabbit Sun 09-Aug-09 08:26:31

Haven't got a dd, but have ds1 (4yrs) with the same problem - all legs and no waistgrin

I've found the best fit for ds is either Next or Gap. Both adjustable waist, but fit really nicely. Wash well, and are quite soft for denim, iyswim.

Found that Tesco etc, even though adjustable, still didn't go small enough for his waist, and too baggy on his leg.

hth

FlyMeToDunoon Sun 09-Aug-09 08:29:31

My DD1 who is 10 now has always had this problem and Gap Slim Fit jeans are the only ones which are comfy.
Most adjustable waist jeans are very uncomfortable because all the adjusted bit bunches up and rubs at the waist.
They are more expensive but worth it and I always look in the sale for reduced ones.

FlyMeToDunoon Sun 09-Aug-09 08:30:38

Oh and the legs are long.

misshardbroom Sun 09-Aug-09 15:01:41

Would second Next. I have exactly the same problem with DD. Boden slim fit were OK too.

cheesesarnie Sun 09-Aug-09 15:04:15

i find next a rubbish fit for my skinny children.we have to order 2 sizes down.so dd being 9 needs an age 7 in the waist!

trefusis Sun 09-Aug-09 15:05:26

Message withdrawn

bishboschone Sun 09-Aug-09 15:23:11

my dd (5)is slim and long legged , I always buy her jeans in h and m . The problem I find is not the waist but the bottom, she has a very small botttom and Next can be baggy and look silly but H and M dont allow for big bottoms so fit her perfectly and are long in the leg. I usually but the skinny jeans btw

bishboschone Sun 09-Aug-09 15:24:45

my dd (5)is slim and long legged , I always buy her jeans in h and m . The problem I find is not the waist but the bottom, she has a very small botttom and Next can be baggy and look silly but H and M dont allow for big bottoms so fit her perfectly and are long in the leg. I usually but the skinny jeans btw

PerfectPrefect Sun 09-Aug-09 15:26:35

I have tall skinny DTDs (they are currently an aged 5-6 waist; age 9-10 leg length!).

I used to use Next when they were younger, but has there legs have grown their waist hasn't. We no go for Gap long and lean or H&M skinny fit. They both have adjustable waist with the buttons towards the front of the waistband which they find more comfortable than it sitting on the boney part of the hip. It also gives a bit more freedom to pull in further!

Jewelsandgems Sun 09-Aug-09 19:39:40

Thanks so much for your suggestions:

- I have checked next but on tje website it is hard to see the jeans, if the model has them on with a coat etc (think that is a trip to the actual shop)

- checked out M&S and their website does not include the detail whether the jeans include adjustable waist, so forget them!

- Gap long and lean sound just the ticket, so I will get some of them when next in edinburgh (don't tihnk that will be within the next week though!)

- H&M do not offer UK online shopping! Tried to figure out the swedish website, but was not sure what I was doing! hmm so again, trip to edinburgh for those.

So, for the immediate solution, I am exchanging the flared jeans for the slim fit boden ones (if I compare the meansurements on the website, the slim fit ones so seem small waist-wise) and then if they are no good, I will get a refund and hike off to EDB at my earliest opportunity.

It is also nice to know that I don't have the only tall skinny girl! I mean, I am all legs and long arms so I guess she is going to have that too. My DD2 on the other hand is short and chunky (like my DH) grin so I'll be on here asking about wide-fit shoes and the like.

Thanks again mumsnetters, on your help I can always rely

J&G

bishboschone Mon 10-Aug-09 13:01:39

lucky you being all arms and legs. i am only 5ft tall but dd is just like my husband who is over 6ft..hooray for her!! good luck with your search

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now