Talk

Advanced search

I have no fashion sense at all. Please help.

(10 Posts)
Antdamm Sat 08-Aug-09 22:57:09

I'm not good at fashion or dresses/pretty things.

I am going to a christening. have bought this skirt from ebay and need a top to go with. Should I buy a red top/black top or completely different colour top???
Also any clues you could give to me as to what style of top might look nice with this.

I will be wearing a pair of black heels with a diamonte type buckle thing on them, if that helps at all.

Ta smile

Antdamm Sat 08-Aug-09 23:35:09

bump

please help or i am doomed to go wearing my jeans

Swedes Sat 08-Aug-09 23:41:29

LOL Explain your shape and colouring - what colours suit you?

Antdamm Sun 09-Aug-09 01:17:59

I am a size 12-14 in jeans smile and i have biggish norks and wide ish shoulders. I'm short. 5'3" tiny.

so i would describe my shape as short and stubby

I usually wear bright colours, regardless of whether they suit me. I wear a lot of bold colours, no pastels really. im quite pale and always thought I'd look washed out

SilentBob Sun 09-Aug-09 08:10:04

You need a tight top with that skirt- maybe a scoop or v-neck. The trouble with picking out the red is that it's so very hard a colour to match up properly as there are so many different shades. Also the fabric of the top will matter, because the skirt is a casual cotton type, so I would steer clear of satin/shiny tops- maybe a jersey fabric would be okay? Hmmmm.

SilentBob Sun 09-Aug-09 08:11:59

this would look good but is the wrong colour!

jules2906 Sun 09-Aug-09 10:28:46

Lovely skirt! Presume it's black and red although colours look more grey and pinkish in the photo. Rather than trying to get a match which is always tricky I'd probably play safe and go for a good quality white top (quite fitted) which could then be nicely accessorised with a scarf or necklace and some bangles...

Hope this helps.

Antdamm Sun 09-Aug-09 11:40:11

thanks for your replies.

Now i have a better idea of what to get. Just got to go shopping now

thanks

you have saved me from turning up in jeans smile

ItsAllaBitNoisy Sun 09-Aug-09 19:35:24

I'd go for a black fitted wrap top, with some big red necklace/bead type thing.

Not actually sure about diamonte shoes at a christening though? Wedges maybe?

Jewelsandgems Sun 09-Aug-09 20:21:37

noisy would usually agree with you about diamonte buckle shoes for christening, but the last one I went to, the godmother wore skin tight snakeskin 1 shoulder dress and diamonte encrusted heels. God it was hideous.

Hopefully, the OP will be going to a christening where all present will be wearing tasteful clothes grin but in light of my present christening-outfit-experience, a diamonte buckle is positively demure!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now