Talk

Advanced search

I have 2 teenage neices. I have NO IDEA what to get them for their birthday

(17 Posts)
Jewelsandgems Fri 07-Aug-09 14:31:04

Is there any 'thing' that is the thing that teenage girls are after as a present?

Was thinking a travel card holder thing (but a funky one, in which case from where?)

Or a nice purse

Or some silky PJs (you know, grown up, but not slutty)

I am thought of as their sytlish auntie, so it needs to be something nice, but definately under £20.

Please can anyone help??

ruddynorah Fri 07-Aug-09 14:37:49

how old?

Tortington Fri 07-Aug-09 14:39:27

vouchers definately

bleh Fri 07-Aug-09 14:45:34

You could get this one from Pret a portobello and maybe some jewellery?

toddlerama Fri 07-Aug-09 14:56:10

Money. There's no pleasing teenage girls...

Tinker Fri 07-Aug-09 14:58:27

Just give the money. I know adults often hate doing this but it is usually want teens want.

Buda Fri 07-Aug-09 15:08:23

When I was a teen I just wanted money tbh. If you want to feel you went to a bit of trouble maybe vouchers for somewhere?

KristinaM Fri 07-Aug-09 15:09:08

money

or if you prefer, vouchers

Scorps Fri 07-Aug-09 15:11:59

have a look at jewellery from Anna Lou of London

My teenage (18) year old sister and her friends all love it

squeaver Fri 07-Aug-09 15:28:46

Top shop vouchers or Itunes vouchers. That's all I ever give teens. Do NOT under any circumstances give them fashion items. You WILL get it wrong.

squeaver Fri 07-Aug-09 15:30:45

Although obviously I realise you are super stylish (can't do blush emoticon on Iphone)

GetOrfMoiLand Fri 07-Aug-09 15:39:23

Vouchers (my dd's faves are New Look, Top Crap and Republic) or iTunes card. Never never ever try to second guess them on fashion items. Their derision burns.

deaddei Fri 07-Aug-09 16:03:35

Bobbi Brown book of beauty for teenagers?

Jewelsandgems Fri 07-Aug-09 18:08:42

love the anna lou stuff scorps think there is a few options there.

And yes, maybe the money/vouchers thing is a very good idea too.
AQny more?

stuffitlllama Fri 07-Aug-09 18:17:04

silver jewellery or money

you might find john lewis or some such have good silver ranges which are not too sweet and conventional and really nothing like that should cost over 20

optimisticmumma Fri 07-Aug-09 18:42:37

Do they have 'pandora' or similar bracelets? You could get them a charm to go on it...
Or - my DD once had individually wrapped pound coins a bit like a pass the parcel( I know, I know!). It did solve the money/pressie issue though and everyone was happy. I have 3 teenagers and they honestly do prefer money and I agree with squeaver - it is impossible to keep up with their whims fashionwise!!
Good luck!

optimisticmumma Fri 07-Aug-09 18:44:11

Forgot to say - John Lewis do 'Pandora' syle bracelets and charms/beads at a fraction of the price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now