Talk

Advanced search

haircut help

(14 Posts)
SenoraPostrophe Tue 24-May-05 20:29:22

I need a new haircut.

I've had a few good'uns in the past but it is now long and rather boring. I need to find a picture to take to the hairdressers (will worry about finding a hairdresser later).

I need:

1. something with a fringe (have funny shaped forehead)
2. something that looks good with very very fine, very straight hair (it didn't used to be straight, but is now due to the very dry air here. It goes curly if i go to the coast)
3. something low maintenance - it's as much as i can do to keep the stuff clean-ish, so don't want to be faffing around with hairdryer/hair products)
4. pref something that flatters a slightly long oval-ish face

Can it be done? does anyone have any idea where to start looking for piccies?

SenoraPostrophe Tue 24-May-05 20:30:43

PS would go for a crop if I could (I know i said no hair products, but if it's short it doesn't seem to be so much bother) but DH has vetoed that plan on the grounds that I used to look scarey when i had my hair cropped.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 24-May-05 21:00:28

anyone?

Distel Tue 24-May-05 21:02:52

Have you tried buying magazines and looking through to find a style you like. When you go to the hairdreesers take lots of pictures with you and they should be able to tell you which style wii suit your requirements.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 24-May-05 21:05:37

No because i live in Spain and my hair is the exact opposite of normal Spanish hair. Plus I don't think I've seen any hair mags here now i come to think of it.

I was hoping someone would be able to point me to an online hair mag or something.

SenoraPostrophe Tue 24-May-05 21:07:00

...also for that reason I mistrust the local hairdressers slightly. I've had 2 really bad haircurts here (and one good one) compared to no bad haircuts in the UK. The good hairdresser is a long way away though.

Distel Tue 24-May-05 21:07:01

sorry, can't help you there. Have you tried googling online hair mag?

Distel Tue 24-May-05 21:07:38

Perfect excuse for a weekend trip

Furball Tue 24-May-05 21:09:51

Have a shufty Here Theres loads. Just put in the sort of thing you want and hey presto!

Furball Tue 24-May-05 21:11:32

PS. I picked this on out for Titania on another thread - any good? Looks choppy and fairly low maintenance and has a fringe!!

nikkisherri Tue 24-May-05 21:12:36

How about leaving it to the experts. I go to Toni and Guy and literally just let them do what they like they just have a knack for suiting your haircut to your hairtype and face.
Well they do in my case. A little more expensive but I've always been pleased with the results.

Furball Tue 24-May-05 21:16:41

She lives in Spain!

nikkisherri Tue 24-May-05 21:23:13

ahh must read the full threads

Well in that case I would make the trip to the 'good hairdresser' you have to wear your hair everyday. I HATE crap haircuts I'd travel halfway across the country to get it done if I had to.

SenoraPostrophe Wed 25-May-05 08:16:05

Thanks furball - that site's great.

I think someowhere between the one you picked out and this one

(second one has shorter fringe which means fewer trips to the hairdresser)

How do all those women see with all that hair in their faces?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now