Talk

Advanced search

What style jeans for Autumn/Winter?

(7 Posts)
Lizzylou Wed 05-Aug-09 08:10:30

Title says it all really, have the Hula and M&S straight leg, but want some new ones for next season.

Have skinny/bootleg had their day?

SilentBob Wed 05-Aug-09 08:35:44

I don't think you're going to see them on the runways in Milan, but for A/W, I reckon bootcuts look fab with big chunky work-type boots, heyooge jumpers and scarves etc (am assuming here, possibly incorrectly, that you're in the UK? Massive apologies if not) and skinnies will always look fab for nights out with heels.

My all time favourites are my Levi's flares, which I am wearing right now and can also dress up for evening but I am not a fashionista!

Lizzylou Wed 05-Aug-09 08:41:38

Thanks Silentbob, yep am in UK, so woolly jumpers agogo here (esp as am in Lancashire).

I think bootcut jeans suit me, I just didn't want to buy more and look out of date (or more out of date than normal grin).

I do have a fab pair of Seven for all Mankind Boot cut jeans waiting for me in the warddrobe for when I lose this stone of weight attached to my hips and thighs wink

SilentBob Wed 05-Aug-09 08:51:38

Yay, I am in Lancs too! We can be bootcut and deeply unfashionable together grin

Seriously, I don't think they will be properly gone for a long while yet.

Good luck shifting that stone! I recently lost just over that, then went to France and piled it all back on in the form of cheese and bread and wine! smile

Lizzylou Wed 05-Aug-09 08:54:45

Off for a run to try and slim those thighs...

I am in East Lancs, Bob, are you anywhere near there? Then I can say "She told me they were OK" if anyone laughs at my jeans grin wink

SilentBob Wed 05-Aug-09 08:59:54

I am also a runner...........are you me? smile I am more central really, so not too far from most places!

Jewelsandgems Wed 05-Aug-09 14:14:18

I love the jeans, huge jumper look with scarves, but personally, I find that there is too much volume teaming bootcut with those things.

If you want volume on top with a huge jumper, then keep it slim on the bottom IE skinny jeans, or at the very least straight leg.

Bootcut jeans look best with skinny tops IMO, or lovely chiffon blouses and long beautiful beads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now