Talk

Advanced search

Boring I know, but : Anyone good with suits ?

(4 Posts)
CMOTdibbler Tue 04-Aug-09 20:15:33

My adored and hard working Next suit is finally biting the dust (I have a number of others, but this has been a real staple), and I want to replace it. But am failing...

What I love about it:
Plain black, non creasing
Washable
Has interesting hook and eye fastening which makes it a v slim line
Long enough to cover waist and hips in the jacket
Matching trousers and skirt (I travel a lot so this makes life much easier)

Any ideas ? I am 5'10, size 12-14, a 32" leg (so need long length trousers)

I'm happy to spend more, have to dry clean it, but really want something without a boring button front, and with at least two matching pieces to the jacket. Even not black isn't a deal breaker, but needs to be conservative

moondog Tue 04-Aug-09 20:17:25

Have you tried Episode?
I bought a great suit from there about 6 years ago that is still like new.

MrsBadger Tue 04-Aug-09 20:44:33

Reiss?

Zara have lovely long trous and are usually pretty slim as well as being good for interesting / fashionable detailing

dept stores with lots of concessions are worth a look - at lots you can (for free) book a personal shopping appt.
If you're lucky they will take your measurements & requirements in advance so they have a rack of suitable (aha good pun) stuff waiting when you turn up.

CMOTdibbler Tue 04-Aug-09 21:08:11

Episode don't have anything. Reiss don't have anything I like, or long length trousers.

Will go and have a look in Zara as their website makes my eyes hurt smile

I will book a personal shopper appt at JL - I need to try some stuff on in there anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now