Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What kind of shoes with this dress?

(17 Posts)
MrsMopple Tue 04-Aug-09 19:50:54

I have bought this dress to wear to a wedding on Saturday. Wedding is DH's distant friend, part of a group that used to go out years back. I don't really know any of them and am 5 years older than dh, so want to look nice although I'm about half a stone overweight for me at the moment. I'm 5'2 and a size 12 - not sure if that's important?
I have tried on some high heeled tan shoes, but feel they're just not quite right. Any suggestions, please? (Just about to do bath time, so away from this for a while, but would be v grateful for suggestions, hopefully not too expensive, as likely to be a seldom worn outfit!)

KembleTwins Tue 04-Aug-09 20:01:06

Wow! Gorgeous dress. I'd go the whole hog and get some fabulous red heels. Could always wear them again with jeans for going out.

moondog Tue 04-Aug-09 20:13:11

I wouldn't do tan or red. Maybe black-really high with a bow on them?

InTheseFetchingQuidditchRobes Tue 04-Aug-09 20:49:03

Could you totally clash?

I have www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_19587_1038908_-1these which are gorgeous and really comfy, I've worn them with lots of colours including red and they look fabulous. Get a cheapo purple pashmina and a neutrally type bag.

If you don't like them (don't worry I won't mind!) Debenhams are always a good option for shoes.

Great choice of dress, I have coveted that for a while!

InTheseFetchingQuidditchRobes Tue 04-Aug-09 20:50:36

Link not working lets try again

these

MrsMopple Tue 04-Aug-09 21:11:16

I tried black and that didn't look right either, although not the right sort of shoe, which might be the problem.
Loving the Debenhams shoes, but haven't got the confidence to wear them with that dress.
It is a really flattering dress as it totally disguises my tummy, while making my boobs look huge, drawing attention away from everything else!
I didn't say before, I'm wearing a cherry red shrug (also Bravissimo) with it, hence the tan shoes. And I hadn't even thought about a bag yet, yikes

emalushka Tue 04-Aug-09 21:15:13

I'd match your shoe colour to your pashmina - and your bag as well. It's a gorgeous dress by the way.

emalushka Tue 04-Aug-09 21:16:05

Sorry, I mean shrug.

MrsMopple Tue 04-Aug-09 21:17:16

Must just say sorry for adding yet another shoe help thread - I didn't realise there were so many of us out here needing help!

MrsMopple Tue 04-Aug-09 21:21:32

Okay, how about these? Too pink?

macherie Tue 04-Aug-09 21:51:48

These?

MrsMopple Tue 04-Aug-09 22:05:13

Loving those, macherie. I hadn;t thought of Dune, but also like these although would have to take the bow off, I think

mrspink27 Tue 04-Aug-09 22:08:24

I like the Kashing ones on the right of that last link or are they to much?

MrsMopple Tue 04-Aug-09 22:10:33

I like the Kashing ones, too, and perhaps they're better as have both colours? I need to get myself to a Dune before the weekend!

mrspink27 Tue 04-Aug-09 22:12:03

as in too similar - too not to ( obviously )

Pennies Wed 05-Aug-09 15:03:05

I think silver with sparkly clutch

MrsMopple Wed 05-Aug-09 21:43:46

Hadn't considered silver! I bought some red shoes today from Next, but they are more orangey / tomato red, whereas the shrug is more cherry / pinky red, so they clash, but are hopefully far enough apart to not look too bad.
Anyway, I don't know why I'm so bothered, it's a wedding, all eyes will be on the bride!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now