Talk

Advanced search

what does the fashionable mum wear to go running?

(17 Posts)
mothersmilk Tue 04-Aug-09 10:27:29

i dont want to look like a frump so please give me some ideas smile trackys and t-shirt are a no no i take it id like to look good whilst sweating and panting [hmmm]im a size 6-8
thankyou styleistas

notyummy Tue 04-Aug-09 10:41:30

VERY good sports bra - even if (like me) you are not well endowed.

Running tights (try Sweaty Betty or Pro-Direct for a good range). Pick the ones with highest elastane content so they hold their shape. I go for 3/4 length (just below knee) but yoiu could opt for short or full length.

Light coloured top (t shirt just now/long sleeved for winter). Look for coolmax tops as they wick the sweat away and stop you getting a spotty back.

Sports sunglasses. Stop you getting wrinkles and cover up a small part of your red sweaty face!

Good socks - thousand mile or twinskin.

For running in the winter you will need a lighweight running jacket - ideally fluorescent.

Trainers - go to a good running shop and get fitted.

IPOD Nano with arm strap to hold (if you can't run without music like me!)

fishie Tue 04-Aug-09 10:46:04

i've got a bamboo tshirt from amazon. it is very wickingy and not clingy.

i like falke socks. cannot stand tying back hair and similarly do not have hat or glasses, just factor 50.

you might prefer loose running shorts rather tights - all down to preference. i have tights above knee for summer, below for winter. but i prefer running when it is cold anyway.

Overmydeadbody Tue 04-Aug-09 10:48:08

Running shorts, a sports bra and a running top/vest top/ old t shirt

Running showerproof jacket if it is raining.

Hat and gloves in winter, sometimes a reflective vest in winter too if it's dark (and leggings under shorts if it is cold)

Overmydeadbody Tue 04-Aug-09 10:48:55

And obviously running shoes and trainer liner socks.

mothersmilk Tue 04-Aug-09 12:33:06

thanks all x

moondog Tue 04-Aug-09 14:01:48

A tutu and a pair of stilettos.
Obviously. hmm

I'd politely suggest that noone is looking at you anyway.

mothersmilk Tue 04-Aug-09 14:18:04

arh yes noone is looking, but isnt it nice to feel good about what you are wearing? aswell as good selfesteem, confidence blah blah blah feeling good in what you are wearing is all part of the bigger picture too if yiou the the op is irellivant to you dont post

mothersmilk Tue 04-Aug-09 14:19:04

sorry that was supposed to be if you thought the op was irrelivant to you why bother posting

moondog Tue 04-Aug-09 14:32:51

It isn't irrelevant to me.
I'm a keen runner myself.

mothersmilk Tue 04-Aug-09 15:05:35

but the post was about what to wear running i enjoy running and am about to take it up regularly(in prep for hopefully a 1/2 or full marathon) and was just asking advice on what one would normally wear to run as iv always ran in joggers and t-shirt and found uncomfortable so i just wondered what other people were wearing sorry if the other posts were rude not having a good day wasnt at all sure were to post the op in he first place

anniemac Tue 04-Aug-09 15:09:28

Message withdrawn

moondog Tue 04-Aug-09 15:18:22

Sorry MM for being snotty.I just mean that there is a limit to what you can wear when running, irrespective of how fashion conscious you are.
Anyway, good luck with it all, and I hope you look delightful! smile

JeMeSouviens Tue 04-Aug-09 15:20:17

stuff like this over here in NA

ramonaquimby Tue 04-Aug-09 16:53:04

it always makes you feel better when you look the part!

I wear nike crop running trousers with lots of lycra, and same sort of top. never cotton baggy tshirts. a long sleeve top in the winter with a running jacket if really cold. with gloves!

OrmIrian Tue 04-Aug-09 16:55:20

Fuck knows! grin

I can tell you what I wear though.

goodnightmoon Fri 07-Aug-09 18:01:35

Nike has some flattering running trousers. I wear them with a very good sports bra (thanks boobydoo), a running vest with more support, and a plain vest. If it's cold I have some slinky long-sleeved running tops made of some synthetic fabric. i wear a cotton head band to keep back my shorter layers and clip my hair.

i always overheat in a jacket - maybe a fleece and light gloves when it is VERY cold.

i definitely get more motivated when i look good too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now