Talk

Advanced search

who wants to play dress-up?

(11 Posts)
Miamla Tue 04-Aug-09 10:15:43

i've got a wedding in a few weeks and i have no idea what to wear.its in a big manor house,fancy reception after etc

i'm a size 12 with child bearing hips grin and 5'9 tall
budget is reasonable but if you find the perfect outfit, i'm willing to pay a little more for it. I need shoes as well but due to dodgy back i can't wear high heels. I do have a pair of black shoes that are comfy but they've got a very pointy toe and i suspect they're very last year darhlin!

I'm still bf my DS so i need to be able to hoike the norks out in a fairly discrete manner!

bmaids are in bright pink so i'd like to avoid that

so... who's up for the challenge? smile please?

Miamla Tue 04-Aug-09 10:22:12

there's a photo of me on my profile if that helps

Miamla Tue 04-Aug-09 10:47:00

bumpity bump

Miamla Tue 04-Aug-09 13:51:04

aren't there any stylists out there free to give me a hand? sad
i always feel like a guy dressed in drag when i go out so would really appreciate a few pointers in the right direction

SilentBob Tue 04-Aug-09 14:10:24

I'm trying for you, Miamla smile The only problem I am coming across is the norkage issue- it's hard to find something that doesn't require you hoiking it over your head to get the mams out! I'll continue...

SilentBob Tue 04-Aug-09 14:16:12

Would something like this be any good? I have been looking for wrap or tie-behind-the-neck halter type dresses, to no avail sad

Miamla Tue 04-Aug-09 14:23:41

ooh, that's pretty. definitely my style!

i really shouldn't be buying anything because i'm a dressmaker and hence should be making something but i just don't have time at the moment. i've got a bf friendly corset that i could wear but its quite a boring grey and i fancied something a bit brighter. I suppose i could wear a bright skirt with it, maybe? what do you reckon? to be honest, fancied a whole new outfit blush

SilentBob Tue 04-Aug-09 14:27:07

Grey can look fabulous- I love it teamed with turquoise. I am still looking for you!

SilentBob Tue 04-Aug-09 14:35:32

perfect for BF!

Miamla Tue 04-Aug-09 15:16:25

oh silentBob, that's perfect but its the same colour as the bridesmaids. i really love the style

turquoise is a good idea for skirts though...

Miamla Tue 04-Aug-09 22:31:57

bumping for the evening stylists grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now