Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

where can i get breastfeeding clothes please?

(12 Posts)
rebeccabits Tue 24-May-05 15:15:30

Can anyone help or recommend where i can buy fashionable nursing shirts that look stylish

NomDePlume Tue 24-May-05 15:16:33

Gawd, that's a tall order ! Ummm JoJoMamanBebe sell them but I have no idea whether they are remotely unfrumpy though, sorry

rebeccabits Tue 24-May-05 15:19:13

the ones in jojo are nice but expensive, i was hoping that someone would know of a site/shop that was a breastfeeding secret that only mums knew, does everyone have this problem? Thanx anyway nom

starlover Tue 24-May-05 15:22:24

same problem... never found anything.

now i just hitch up whatever I am wearing!

popsycal Tue 24-May-05 15:25:12

tip
wear a cardigan over a top...it covers a multitude of sins,,,
you can hitch the top underneath up and then use the bottom bit of the cardy to cover your belly

lots of nice cardies in the shops
i also find that sleeveless but woollen tops (like those in next) are great as they are quite stretchy

LeahE Tue 24-May-05 15:30:52

Yes, same problem -- I have a couple from the NCT (same sort of price as JoJo) that i wear when I want to look smart-ish and not have to wear something baggy, but generally go for just hitching up whatever I'm wearing.

Stuff does come up second-hand on eBay but not much of it so it tends to be v popular.

sweetkitty Tue 24-May-05 15:35:08

never bothered with breastfeeding clothes just hitch up whatever I have got on at the time

teeavee Tue 24-May-05 15:46:05

I never bothered either - just hitch up, the baby covers all bared flesh anyway.
I considered wearing a poncho while breastfeeding last winter, but wasn't keen on the 'tent' look so never bought one in the end.

Are they still fashionable, and do summery ponchos exist...?!

melgreenmum Fri 27-May-05 16:43:10

I wore loads of zip tops and cardies with vests underneath (good ones from Tesco only £3)

beansmum Fri 27-May-05 16:47:06

cardis or zip tops with vest tops underneath are all that I wear these days, easy to hide everything and good for any weather.

I did notice that h&m have a few bfing tops, might be worth trying there if you really want some.

juicychops Fri 27-May-05 21:35:58

Ive got a long sleeve rugby top/jersey about size 12 from Blooming Marvellous if you want it. It has a zip either side of your chest to make breast feeding easy. Its not very summery but you can have it if you want. Its just gathering dust at the moment

Scraggyaggy Fri 27-May-05 22:33:29

Check out this site. www.motherneeds.com

I spent about 3 hours searching the web this week for bf tops!

With the Singapore dollar being about $3 to £1, and postage at about £9, it's pretty good. You can get about 3 tops for £40 including postage! You can pay by Paypal, which is nice and secure too.

Hope that helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now