Talk

Advanced search

Boden catalogue horrors...

(53 Posts)
VulpusinaWilfsuit Mon 03-Aug-09 20:45:16

Johnnie, get a fecking grip...

1. We do not want big prints on everything

2. 'Metropolitan' is so not your schtick. Please leave that to people who know how to do it properly. Like Reiss (if only they made fat girl sizes sad)

3. And we DEFFO do not want to see clothes we might buy worn by our willowy daughters. The whole first section is two 12 year olds. It has never been that bad. I know it is aspirational, and I know it is rough economic times and all so diversification seems sensible but don't you think you should know your market? I am never going to buy something modelled by someone who looks like one of my students could be her mother. At least make look old enough to get pregnant.

Puhlease.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Mon 03-Aug-09 20:45:40

Ps Don't actually have daughters but you know what I mean.

tattycoram Mon 03-Aug-09 20:50:56

I totally agree. They are absolute children aren't they.

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 20:52:57

I agree with you, patterns tooooo big. Im small, but then, in jonnie's world, nobody under five foot 8 i think! all trousers must be really wide-legged with turn ups.

GentleOtter Mon 03-Aug-09 20:54:20

made from 1960's caravan curtains, for example

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 20:55:53

That's hideous, AND it'd be too long and too hideous on me! only tempted by ONE thing this year.

VulpusinaWilfsuit Mon 03-Aug-09 20:57:14

Exactly. Big prints not good. Nor all the relentless colourblock nonsense.

And look. They've just popped out of Subway and are off to the Cinema to see Harry Potter before Choir practice...

squeaver Mon 03-Aug-09 21:01:50

God yes, it's just all so, so Boden...

GentleOtter Mon 03-Aug-09 21:01:54

mobile migraine

LadyGlencoraPalliser Mon 03-Aug-09 21:01:58

I think this top pretty much hits all the hideosity buttons for me.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Mon 03-Aug-09 21:02:38

Fuck me, GO, you've even topped my offering.

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 21:09:36

I have last year's boden catalogue still, and the stuff is slightly better. I didn't order a thing last year either mind you. They send me the catalogue still, ordered a mac about four years ago.

Gentleotter, when i saw that cardigan I thought of susan from desperate housewives for some reason.

squeaver Mon 03-Aug-09 21:10:35

shirts also score high on the "my eyes!" scale.

But, you're right, that cardi's the worst.

VinoEsmeralda Mon 03-Aug-09 21:13:56

70% sales will have plenty of stock this year I guess!

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 21:14:04

totally agree with you vulpusina.

i thought the models looked way too young, way too thin and made the clothes look totally unobtainable

the patent knee boots are gorgeous but £100 too expensive

the patent bomber jacket is an absolute freaking abomination

and how about some dresses that aren't only suitable for straight up and down stick thin 6ft tall women?

and hotchpotch.. is thta just a way to use up all the bits of material you could not make into a shirt ?

nice spotty scarves though but £££ for what they are

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 21:15:44

using too young models just shoots the aspirational angle in the foot doesn't it, because instead of thinking, ooooh she's renovated her second home and now she's taking the children to lycéé or whatever image they're peddling, you think, hmmm, models look 14. And the bubble bursts.

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 21:16:09

Hotchpotch, i should coco... <<sniff>>

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 21:17:08

and..... what is a henley. everything has the word henley in it.

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 21:18:55

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/WH176/Womens-Flattering-Knitted-Dress.html

how is that flattering with a band round the waist and horizontal stripes?

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Dresses/WH174/Womens-Sixties-Knitted-Dress.html

pockets on the hip are never a good idea

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Coats-and-Jackets/Jackets/WE237/Womens-Patent-Jacket.html

S&M , jonnie?? i don't think so.

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Tunics/WK526/Womens-Henley-Knitted-Tunic.html

where are her internal organs?

i have two of last season's merino tunics which are a much more forgiving shape

bonkers!!

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 21:22:18

Blimey, when I saw that tomato red patent jacket, my face made an involuntary shudder.

SixtyFootDoll Mon 03-Aug-09 21:22:43

The patent jacket was about the only thing I liked
But way too exppensive for a placcy mac.
The hotchpotch stuff is dreaful.
And agree with the models being too skinny
It outs me off buying trousers from there as my legs are at least twice as big as theirs and then some.

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 21:24:09

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Loungewear/WT030/Womens-Knitted-Cosy-Gown.html

that looks like an old cardi i bought in camden market about 20 years ago and i dropped a ciggie on it, and the hole i burnt into it, actually improved how it looked !!

and the price !!

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 21:25:24

[[http://www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-and-Boots/Flat-Boots/AZ099/Womens-Lustrous-Patent-Boots. html]

if dear jonnie wants to give me these to make up for the horrors i;ve had to endure, i'd feel a lot better!!

LuluMaman Mon 03-Aug-09 21:25:40

html

maggievirgo Mon 03-Aug-09 21:26:13

I wonder if johnnie has the cop on to read this thread. He should be scouting our opinions.

There are a couple of feedback reviews and they are so gushy and fake, talking about a pretty top for fall........ are they real? do americans pay for this stuff? I mean, a hundred pounds to them would be 200 dollars easily, and they could get designer over there for that money.... am i missing something. why are so many reviews american?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now