Talk

Advanced search

Advice please

(11 Posts)
bleh Mon 03-Aug-09 15:45:01

So, I have this dress from coast which I am probably going to wear to a wedding in France in a few weeks. What to accessorise it with? I have a GOLD clutch bag, but what colour shoes? Is black acceptable at French weddings or will I be booed out of the room/cause the bride to burst into tears?

SilentBob Mon 03-Aug-09 17:18:00

I have no idea re the etiquette of French weddings, but a black dress and gold clutch are screaming for these beauties IMO smile

dexter73 Mon 03-Aug-09 17:20:17

When I went to a French wedding they were all dressed like they were going shopping! The English contingent looked very overdressed!

StinkyFart Mon 03-Aug-09 17:21:34

you need Anna

<gavel>

bleh Mon 03-Aug-09 17:25:00

I was thinking that too. Has she been lurking around today? If anyone sees her, please send her over.

Oooh ... like the shoes.

BonsoirAnna Mon 03-Aug-09 17:52:46

grin

BonsoirAnna Mon 03-Aug-09 17:53:47

First, is it a civil or a religious wedding? In Paris or in the provinces? What kind of reception?

bleh Tue 04-Aug-09 09:15:15

Religous and in the South. The reception is going to be evening and in a hotel I believe.

bleh Tue 04-Aug-09 09:16:11

From DP's description, it will be a rather (for wont of a better word) posh wedding. The family are very wealthy.

BonsoirAnna Tue 04-Aug-09 09:29:54

The South of France is (huge generalisation) more "bling" than the north/Paris and you may find a lot of permatanned women with a lot of gold jewellery! (or you may not, but this is more likely than in the north).

If it's religious, you might want to wear a hat and to cover up for the church. Evening receptions are generally very dressy.

bleh Tue 04-Aug-09 10:02:29

Oooh ... that sounds fun actually (the permatan and the bling jewellery).

Apparently, there is going to be a five hour gap between the ceremony and the reception (I am planning on going to the beach), so I will have time to bling myself up for the evening bit.

Thank you for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now