Talk

Advanced search

Don't flame me but a questions about winter clothes.

(11 Posts)
timmette Mon 03-Aug-09 14:04:07

Hi everyone
I am currently pregnant and living overseas and am coming home grin for a short break August bank holiday weekend and what I would reall like to know is will the winter clothes will be out then or will it still be bikinis and shorts in the shops. The shops where we are living have terrible maternity clothes and I was hoping to stock up while there.
Thanks for any advice

Icantbelieveit Mon 03-Aug-09 14:12:20

The August bank holiday is at the end of August isn't it?

I don't think there will be many shorts and bikinis unless they're on the sale rack, the shops are starting to put the winter clothes out now.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Mon 03-Aug-09 14:12:45

If you are coming home then you will need:

Wellies
A brolly
A rain coat.

August bank holiday is either a wash out or hot. The shops are normally bringing in the autumn stock.

Hope this helps. smile

Buda Mon 03-Aug-09 14:13:03

I was shopping in Dublin last week and noticed that all the autumn stuff is coming in. You should be fine. Lots of lovely long cardigans around too which should be useful if you don't manage to get wintery stuff.

ellagrace Mon 03-Aug-09 14:15:05

should be winter stuff out a plenty.

trying to get winter maternity clothes was a nightmare when i was trying though. think it must be so much easier to be big in summer.

MagNacarta Mon 03-Aug-09 14:15:35

You won't have any problems getting autumn/winter clothes. I spent all day yesterday trying to buy my ds some sandles, but couldn't find any as all the winter shoes are in now.

timmette Mon 03-Aug-09 14:16:53

Great news thankyou I am so excited can't wait to go shopping, I could do with a big chunly cardigan.
Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 03-Aug-09 14:17:39

don't worry timmette

someone mentioned Christmas shopping on a thread the other day ... first sighting of the year!!! grin shock

hope you find your outfits. Lots of autumnal wear in shops when I was in the UK a week or so ago.

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 03-Aug-09 15:31:51

Oh no, and now I've mentioned it again shock shock

timmette Mon 03-Aug-09 15:33:51

It's ok countingthegreyhairs I already have Christmas all planned my partial excuse is the baby will be delivered the week after in all probability and the other half is I love Christmas.

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 03-Aug-09 19:04:13

[ssshhh Timmette - don't tell anyone - I love it too... that doesn't mean I am very organised about it though .... but your excuse is forgiveable grin grin) Congratulations on your pregnancy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now