Talk

Advanced search

Does one take a trendy, smaller-type scarf off inside?

(8 Posts)
AmazingMabel Mon 03-Aug-09 09:39:51

one like this for example

I have a couple and they finish off a casual oufit off perfectly, but I'm never sure whether to take it off indoors. I feel the outfit loses something, but then I feel like an idiot wearing a scarf indoors for long periods of time grin . For example I leave them on in a draughty church hall playgroup for an hour, but take it off if visiting someone's house for half a day.

Any tips on scarf-wearing? What does anyone else do?

hereidrawtheline Mon 03-Aug-09 09:43:32

I'm useless with scarves I never know what to do with them. I wear warm winter scarves well that's about it!

MrsBadger Mon 03-Aug-09 09:56:30

no

if you are wearing something to keep you warm (coat, big scarf) or shady (sunhat) you take it off indoors

if you are wearing it as a style statement you leave it on till it gets in the way

AmazingMabel Mon 03-Aug-09 10:08:59

Thanks for responding hereidrawtheline and MrsBadger. Though MrsB's advice was more helpful grin That makes perfect sense, hadn't thought of it that way. Right will go and put a scarf on immediately to practise wearing it inside.

Though we're having visitors today rather than going out anywhere, so it'll be a real challenge, my fingers will be itching to take off the scarf inside my own home .

AmazingMabel Mon 03-Aug-09 10:12:55

That's better, now I know it's a style statement I don't feel like a plum. But like a supermodel. Thanks for the image readjustment MrsB.

ArnoldTheBeard Mon 03-Aug-09 10:13:02

Message withdrawn

TheProfiteroleThief Mon 03-Aug-09 10:33:45

I leave mine on like jewellery (or to hide hickeys)tee hee. Unless a toddler tries to swing on it

hereidrawtheline Mon 03-Aug-09 15:27:38

yes I admit my post was more useless than advice grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now