Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

St Moriz fake tan mousse - the best fake tan ever? Quite possibly...

(23 Posts)
Paolosgirl Sun 02-Aug-09 21:35:28

On a nod from another thread, I bought some of this from Semi Chem, at the princely sum of £2.99. Exfoliated, moisturised and slapped it on with a mitt, quite expecting to have my usual fake tan disaster, and instead I am now the proud owner of a natural looking glow. On my pasty, white skin!!

If you see it, buy it. Amazing stuff.

cheekysealion Sun 02-Aug-09 22:05:45

i couldnt see it on the site...>>>>> must look harder

Paolosgirl Sun 02-Aug-09 22:16:50

If you do see it, buy some - it's brilliant. I never do fake tans well, but I tried some of this after another MNetter said her beautician friend switched to it from St Tropez.

I'm not usually this vacuous, honestly! blush

cheekysealion Sun 02-Aug-09 22:25:20

just saw on another thread tht home bargains may have it so will try there

thankyou

Dingle Wed 05-Aug-09 15:56:47

What does this smell like please...I have been considering going to a salon for a St Tropez tan....never had one before!

I have occasionally used one of these self tanning moisturisers such as Johnsons or Dove, but don't particuarly like the smell or the need to muck around every day to build up ANY colour on my legs.

Please can anyone also give a few links if possible too! TIA!

cheekysealion Wed 05-Aug-09 18:12:38

just bought some... doing a patch test on my leg... smells fine

got it in home bargains

they also had a st Ives gradual tammer for 1.99 that looked nice

Dingle Wed 05-Aug-09 19:39:50

So how often do you need to apply this please...and roughly how many applications per bottle?

thetanner Mon 30-May-11 23:44:36

Hi,
I have never had a problem with St Moriz Fake Tan products at all and have used them for over 2 years. Deffinately better than other products such as St Tropez - I get mine from www.stmorizfaketan.co.uk

SixtyFootDoll Mon 30-May-11 23:46:39

A friend of mine uses it, she always looks lightly tanned, in a good way. Must try it.

BulletWithAName Tue 31-May-11 08:17:14

My partner uses this- it's a bargain!

Megatron Tue 31-May-11 09:23:15

I've just ordered this on reading this thread! I will report back my findings in due course ....

sillytart Tue 31-May-11 11:47:52

On the website it says it is a temporary tan which can be removed with warm water & soap, so I am assuming that once you have a shower it will wash off?
Could someone let me know please as cannot be bothered with having to do this every morning!!

moragbellingham Tue 31-May-11 13:17:10

Mine didn't wash off (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it) - it was of the semi-perm type i.e. gradually came of after days/weeks

BooyHoo Tue 31-May-11 13:21:07

i use this and it is the best tan i have ever used and i have used alot!! i wont be going back to the dear ones.

it smells a bit but not as bad as some and i find it wears off really evenly and not patchiness. one application lasts about 3 days for me so for a permanent tan you are talking 2-3 applications a week. and it doesn't look orange. i apply mine and then wash it off in the morning, so the actual colur you are left with is a bit lighter than when you apply it.

woopsidaisy Tue 31-May-11 14:49:40

I used this and was very impressed-especially at that price.
However,it really stains toe nails. Turns them very yellow. I have had to have mine painted whenever they are out. The yellow staining is nearly grown out,thankfully.
I was using the spray. Threw the bottle onto a cushion,and by threw I mean plopped it down as I was walking by. It exploded,and sprayed the entire contents over the walls and carpet.
Never again.

wendihouse22 Tue 31-May-11 15:04:50

The Saver shop always has this in stock. I struggled to get any colour out of it but I noticed last time I was there, they've brought out a St Morritz DEEP version so, may give it a go.

TragicallyHip Tue 31-May-11 15:12:20

I have been using the mist stuff, have just bought the mousse to try.

Sillytart it does wash off a bit but the tan will last a few days.

Have no experience of the St Tropez, would this wash off a bit too does anybody know?

Do you think thetanner works for Amazon.. grin

TragicallyHip Tue 31-May-11 15:25:14

Gah this thread is from 2009!

sparkle1977 Wed 01-Jun-11 11:43:08

I have just bought some of this too from a local Morrisons. However I have bought the spray mist one instead of the mousse. Does the mist work just as well ?

Does everybody use mitts for fake tanning or will it be ok if I just rub on with my bare hands ??

PeterSpanswick Wed 01-Jun-11 11:45:44

Ooh I was inspired to buy some of this from cheapie chemist yesterday! Haven't tried it yet but fingers crossed it's as good as everyone says!

KristinaM Wed 01-Jun-11 12:05:48

No, you need to use gloves

And don't put it on your toe nails, heels, elbows or knees

Megatron Wed 01-Jun-11 13:49:00

I ordered this yesterday and it arrived at about 10 o'clock this morning! This time tomorrow I shall be a bronzed goddess. Huzzah!

peanutsmuggler Wed 01-Jun-11 13:58:12

I've just got some from T J Hughes, do you think it would be okay to use on my face or would you use one specifically made for the face?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: