Talk

Advanced search

Emergency! Help me find a tankini with a long top

(12 Posts)
itchyandscratchy Sun 02-Aug-09 19:06:23

I've been on M&S, Bravissimo, Debenhams, Figleaves, Next... but nothing there in the first place or they've completely sold out.

Where now? Please help - need to order tonight as going away Thursday.
Thank you!

pleasechange Sun 02-Aug-09 19:10:12

don't know sorry. Why a tankini out of interest?

moondog Sun 02-Aug-09 19:33:33

Don't get one.They laways look lie someone is swimming in vest and knickers. One piece so much more flattering.

thehairybabysmum Sun 02-Aug-09 19:50:14

I have recently bought this. WAs dubious about tankini for the same reason as moondog says but the fold over knickers fold up to waist under the tankini so keeping a smooth line and the vest is a nice length and not too tight so v flattering to my apple shaped big tum! here

CMOTdibbler Sun 02-Aug-09 19:52:14

Lands End or Long Tall Sally. My Lands End ones are all very flattering and last really well

itchyandscratchy Sun 02-Aug-09 20:13:43

Have already got a one piece and, yes, it's quite a nice one (for me) but I have done the thing that I swore I wouldn;t do this year: leave it til the last minute then decide I HAVE to have a certain item and it will make all the difference to the holiday hmm and this year it's a blinkin tankini. Please humour me I have PMT and am absolutely incapable of thinking straight.

The fold over knickers sound nice. reminds me of the ginormous jersey pregnancy trousers that I wore for both mine: you could wear them folded down or pulled up over your bump. I loved having my bump covered. These bottoms would obviously be covering something far less aesthetically pleasing but it would make me feel secure none the less. <mad>

macherie Sun 02-Aug-09 20:22:26

Landsend is great quality and lots of different permutations of tops and bottoms.

fishie Sun 02-Aug-09 20:33:27

wow that lands end stuff is great. bloody dear though.

fatzak Sun 02-Aug-09 20:45:31

I've just had this trouble and as I need lots of support blush found it really hard to find anything in stock. I ended up here and managed to get the Panache underwired one. Just hope it's ok and arrives before we go next Sunday!!

itchyandscratchy Sun 02-Aug-09 20:58:20

Blimey, you're right fishie. Nice but very £££. Don't know that I can justify that even in a moment of hormonal madness

pleasechange Sun 02-Aug-09 21:03:38

fatzak that looks v nice

drinkyourmilk Sun 02-Aug-09 21:06:39

I've found the fat face tankini tops to be pretty long. Crap at links - but if you google fat face you should find it. They are also in all the heathrow (cept 5) and Gatwick terminals if you don't find anything beforehand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now