Talk

Advanced search

Greeeeeeezy hair! Can the salon do anything?

(17 Posts)
Ninkynork Sat 01-Aug-09 20:43:50

Um, what it says in the thread title really.

Still BF DS aged 2 maybe hormones are the problem but honestly I am totally peed off with having to wash my hair every if not twice a day. I've tried lemon shampoo, T-gel, never use conditioner.

The only thing I can think of is to have a <<gasp>> perm. It's flyaway, thin and fine despite the grease so perms were a godsend in my younger days. But my hair is too elastic now apparently.

TIA sad

paranoidmother Sat 01-Aug-09 21:19:30

I would try to use the cheapest hair shampoo you can find and try not to use it too often. The more you wash your hair the finer it can become and will get weaker. The cheaper shampoos have less chemicals normally and don't try and over load you hair with extras.

Try to keep your hands away from it to. If you can tie it back or put it up and leave alone for as much as possible.

I hope this will help and possibly work.

Ninkynork Sat 01-Aug-09 22:03:01

Thank you. The lemon is Chavsda own brand.

I am having fantasies about using dreadful damaging and drying products like Sun-In shock

missmelly Sat 01-Aug-09 22:37:05

hmm I think the opposite.. I found when I stopped washing my hair so often, and used better shampoo, it got less greasy. I fell in love with crabtree and evelyn 'la source' shampoo and conditioner and found it kept the greasiness away for at least 2 days. I recently went back to supermarket shampoo (aussie brand) and my hair is greasy again after one day.

Ninkynork Sun 02-Aug-09 00:16:33

Oh I will try that.

I was kind of hoping that there was a salon treatment which strips grease out in the same way that they claim to put moisture in hmm

May try sitting in the sun with lemon juice on it still...

Sarimillie Sun 02-Aug-09 01:53:05

I think highlights help - worth a try?

lou33 Sun 02-Aug-09 01:57:05

batiste dry shampoo is great for inbetween washes

and not expensive

zazen Sun 02-Aug-09 03:09:18

I use... don't laugh now... cornflour in my hair for in between days (actually babybees dusting powder (talc free))
I had the opposite from you, Ninky, when I was preggo I could go a WEEK without having to wash my hair - it was really bouncy and strong and thick - now I'm lucky to get 8 hours before it looks manky and flat again. I loved beig preggo wink

I'm getting my hair coloured next week, and hopefully it will pep it up a bit. three months after having my babe, my hair started to fall out in clumps and it's never been the same since round my face - it just grows to a short length and falls out, so it looks kindof wispy and curly!

My skin is very oily at the moment as well - real shine after a few hours. sigh.. and SPOTS. Had to use moisturiser when preggo.

Amazing how everything changes smile

lou33 Sun 02-Aug-09 03:10:58

cornflour is a well known thing, you are not mad

it has the same effect as batiste

zazen Sun 02-Aug-09 03:12:08

Sorry meant to say I found it takes a few months again after b/f to get back to a normal way - I had lovely long nails until we stopped b/f at nine months - then they reverted to the weak little thin flakey things again..

Ninkynork Sun 02-Aug-09 17:36:28

Sounds like highlights are the way to go, just have to convince DH we can afford it wink Thanks!

Sarimillie Sun 02-Aug-09 20:46:53

Re. highlights - if you just have half a head and don't stray too far from your natural colour it isn't as ruinously expensive as it might be... hope it works out!

Phoenix Sun 02-Aug-09 21:06:46

Another vote for Batiste dry shampoo. My hair is really greasy too and with that i can wash it every 3 days or so instead of everyday.

lou33 Mon 03-Aug-09 14:57:54

and a lot cheaper than highlights

pixiemoon Thu 06-Aug-09 07:09:59

third vote for batiste, v useful stuff

and smells nice too (I use the tropical flavou)

traceybath Thu 06-Aug-09 07:40:07

I had this whilst pregnant with DD. High lights do help as they dry the hair but are costly to maintain.

But with me its also due to having incredibly soft water at home so have to rinse for ever to get all shampoo out. And never ever let hair go in bath water which i used to do in the past.

I use a mild shampoo (baby for preference) and a tiny bit of conditioner on ends as hair is long and just rinse lots.

lou33 Thu 06-Aug-09 18:44:01

me too pixie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now