Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Since I had my dyed brown it looks crap, any advice?

(10 Posts)
RubyBlueberry Sat 01-Aug-09 19:25:40

I have v long highlighted hair and was sick of going to hairdressers to get roots done so took the plunge and had it dyed dark.

Now a year on it still looks shite, no shine, dull and no reflection of light, looks like a hank of wool.

Should I go and get blonde / honey highlights put in to give it some shine? My hair obviously does not like being brown! I treat it the same as I did when blonde, but then it was glossy and bouncy, just like Samantha Janus's hair and now I feel like Janine!

goldenpeach Sat 01-Aug-09 20:00:58

I am experimenting with different brands as I home dye. You need a good quality one with natural tones (wether it's home or hairdresser). I have fine hair and it looked dull until I started to use conditioner and also a styling spray. Now it's very shiny and no flyaways. You need to care for dyed hair.

woodenchair Sat 01-Aug-09 20:28:19

It could be your shampoo, do you use stuff for coloured hair? Mine started getting really and the colour seemed to fade really quickly.

Aussie 3 minute miracle for coloured hair sorted mine out. I'm using the shampoo now and it's loads better, had a bit more life in it.

Mind you it sounds like miss being blonde?

RubyBlueberry Sun 02-Aug-09 00:40:31

I had an excuse for allsorts then wink yeah I think I do miss it

TheScatterGunApproach Sun 02-Aug-09 07:38:04

my two cents:

if your hair is not super-shiny you can't carry off brown hair. It will look like a wig.

Go back to blonde. Blondes rock!

RubyBlueberry Sun 02-Aug-09 12:28:15

Wahoo, love ya TSGA!! <<off to by bleach emoticon>>

TheScatterGunApproach Sun 02-Aug-09 18:56:29

YEAH!!!

RubyBlueberry Mon 03-Aug-09 22:14:21

LOL - but do I go to the hairdressers I always go to! They say my hair won't take it ( I thuink they're lying. It would only be taking off the brown wig LOL)

PortAndLemon Mon 03-Aug-09 22:43:18

I would trust your hairdressers, TBH. Ask them what your best option is for getting back to where you were as a long-term plan. If you are really desperate you could ask them to do a strand test.

RubyBlueberry Mon 03-Aug-09 22:48:47

Good plan P&L. Yes, long-term plan....doesn't have to be overnight after all...
They have a shown me strand test of someone who was like me and changed her mind from blonde to brown and back again, and the strand they showed was like a paintbrush, very scary!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now