Talk

Advanced search

Jeans for someone with a bit of a belly but no bum

(12 Posts)
NervousNutty Sat 01-Aug-09 11:19:13

Oh and a shortarse lol

Ok, am 5'2, size 10-12, with a bit of a belly but no backside really at all.
Because of this jeans tend to slip slightly under my belly and then as there is nothing there to stop them, they start to fall down. Even if I wear a belt this seems to happen, and I hate wearing belts anyway as they always stick out.

I currently have 1 pair from Dotty p which are a 10 but are a little tight and they fall down, and I have a pair from New Look which are a 12 and too big, so I wear them with a belt and they still fall down.

HELP

BodenGroupie Sat 01-Aug-09 16:16:59

Wear them back to front?grin

TakeLovingChances Sat 01-Aug-09 17:21:09

ROFL grin

I too have this problem, so will await other responses in time.

T

CarGirl Sat 01-Aug-09 17:25:27

me too!!! I just hunt around until I find a pair that fits and then wear them to death..... I have really skinny hips so that's part of the problem I'm apple shaped and was even before the dds

dooit Sat 01-Aug-09 17:38:27

I'm the same shape as you. DP jeans are rubbish for me. Always huge on the waist and ultra low cut so they give a builders bum and generally sag and look terrible on me. A belt only gathers them in and makes the look too big.

KristinaM Sat 01-Aug-09 17:43:28

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you need jeans with a high/deep rise, that sit on your belly button or higher

like these £12 from m and s

CarGirl Sat 01-Aug-09 17:56:08

kristina I tried them the 10 is too big on the hips sad

smultronstallet Sat 01-Aug-09 18:31:45

These are OK, but these are the best, as they kind of give you a bum and flatten your tummy though they are expensive! They are very comfy though.

dooit Sat 01-Aug-09 18:57:59

Eww KristinaM, is that not a bit of a Helen Daniels look? Surely below the belly button is acceptable but never over!

Icantbelieveit Sat 01-Aug-09 19:28:40

High waisted jeans are quite comfortable actually and they won't fall down but you can only ever wear long tops that cover the fact that they are high waisted!
And they aren't very good for someone who has a bit of a belly because they really emphasise it.
But they don't give a muffin top so that's a plus.

Low rise jeans are great because they flatten the tummy but they do fall down, well they don't start to slip down to the knees or anything like that but everytime you get up from sitting you have to hoist them up and start adjusting yourself.

I'd love to find a pair of jeans that flatten the tummy and actually stay put - no luck yet though.
I bought bootcut jeans from new look and primark and they are quite high rise, very comfortable (though I do feel really old when I wear them) but I looklike I'm up the duff.

The best ones I found were Next skinny flare very flattering and tummy flattening, no muffin top and didn't fall down so much but they seemed to have stopped doing them, adn as I have lost weight I need a smaller size now (happy on the one hand, sad on the other).

NervousNutty Sat 01-Aug-09 22:50:49

Argh, i knew the answer would be high waisted ones.

I want to be trendy not mumsy LOL

Actually i'm not sure i care so long as they stay up.

KristinaM Sun 02-Aug-09 00:06:52

actually helen daniels is my style icon wink

well my flabby tummy is so bad i have to choose between frumpy high waisted jeans that hold it all in and a longer length top or low waisted jeans that allow me to believe i am a teenager and a tasteful muffin top

which come to think of it is a very common teenage look around here shock

complete with piercings of course

cargirl - what about the next ones in an 8??

£99 ones look great but shock at the price

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now