Talk

Advanced search

First date dilemma! Please help- I'm clueless!

(6 Posts)
toolongsingle Fri 31-Jul-09 08:36:17

I'm going on my first date in a very long time on Sunday evening and he wants to go bowling!

Would have struggled with what to wear to the pub, but bowling! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

He's quite trendy and I really don't want to look too 'try hard' or mumsy. (I new him when we were kids and have got back in touch through face book)

So what do I wear? Think I'm going to have to hit the shops. My casual stuff really isn't great!

I'm a size 14 and 5ft 7.

Any help would be great. Thank you

SilentBob Fri 31-Jul-09 08:47:11

Over-sized white shirt, dark skinny jeans and glads?

Tunic/dress/shirt (am currently wearing a great New Look navy/white striped collarless shirt) over black leggings (are you a legginger or a no legginger? I am a firm legginger grin) with sandals or knee boots, weather dependent?

Vest top, long slouchy cardigan and flared jeans?

The possibilities are endless smile I hope you have a lovely time!

PS- If you wear sandals, don't forget to take some socks!

soooobroody Fri 31-Jul-09 09:03:10

I would go for dark jeans and a smartish top ....

Flgihtattendant Fri 31-Jul-09 09:44:41

Yes a dark, poss flared jean (or bootcut) and a slim fitting dark top, with nice make up and casual hair...keep it simple and understated, but pretty iyswim smile

Good luck btw!

KristinaM Fri 31-Jul-09 13:33:22

top you can bowl in eg doesnt show bra or back fat ( if you have any!!!) when you bowl. and trousres that don't fall down and show your builders bum when you bend over. ditto with low neck top and balconette bra

if you are a flat chested size 6 skinny minny then you can ignore this advice wink

have a great time smile

toolongsingle Sun 02-Aug-09 21:30:51

Thanks for your advice Ladies. Unfortunatly the date got cancelled as hes got swine flu!
Just my luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now