Talk

Advanced search

THE QUEST FOR LESS MEDIOCRE BOYS CLOTHES.......SOCKS.

(15 Posts)
gillythekid Thu 30-Jul-09 17:46:01

DS has just turned one and has the grooviest wardrobe in the North West, carefully rummaged from amidst the beige and baby blue mediocrity at TK Maxx, H&M and other places. I don't have a big budget and wondered if anyone knows any companies/shops that stock single block colour socks. I want a good bold green, blue, black, red etc..no teddies...no trains...no stupid slogans. Any ideas?

aarghhelp Thu 30-Jul-09 17:57:56

We got a box of stripy ones in bright colours in Boden sale.

BertieBotts Thu 30-Jul-09 18:05:17

Boots are fairly good for socks. You could also use tights under trousers if it's cold enough - he doesn't know tights are for girls!

BikeRunSki Thu 30-Jul-09 18:08:27

Gilly My Ds is nearly one and has a similar wardrobe to yours and must be the grooviest boy in Yorkshire!

Anyway, I noticed some socks like what you just described on Mothercare website, hang on

but no black

Also had some a bit like thta from Primark last winter, but they were rubbish. Gap ?

GrapefruitMoon Thu 30-Jul-09 18:37:49

Next often have good ones or Gap in the sales?

Grammaticus Thu 30-Jul-09 18:46:46

Gap sale. Or I got some bold stripe ones (stripes over an inch wide) in Tesco, of all places.

LuluMaman Thu 30-Jul-09 18:48:04

Hennes

sleepysox Thu 30-Jul-09 18:53:19

I got a box of 6 pairs of Trumpette socks from ebay. They have ones that look like little cowboy boots, some bright ones with white stars all over and some that look like converse boots. They are really cute and funky, and they have grippers on the bottom, so kids don't fall over. They don't fall off either as they have some lycra in them.

pania Thu 30-Jul-09 19:23:14

Gap socks are good, either bright plain colors or stripes, and they stay on and have that rubbery writing on the bottom so non-slip too.

PortAndLemon Thu 30-Jul-09 19:28:34

Gap -- in the sale if you want cheap. Some of the bright colours (red and orange, for example) tend to be stocked with the "girl" clothes but are exactly the same design. Agree I have got nice stripy socks in Tesco.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 30-Jul-09 19:33:19

I have got some lovely bright red ones from Gap, just waiting for the lovely bright red shorts to come back into stock now!

We have an allergy to sludge in this house too

gillythekid Thu 30-Jul-09 19:46:56

Ok, got some in Gap, brown, navy and grey (quite boring really but will go with some outfits) Boots have some stripey that I got but the colours aren't great. Hennes, brown, orange, blue...pretty wishy washy really. I want single colour socks in vibrant shades but NOWHERE stocks them!!!!!!

Howmanytimes Thu 30-Jul-09 20:27:18

My 19 month old son has some great socks and vests from John Lewis. They are in bold patterns and colour blocks. Thoroughly recommend.

talkingbook Thu 30-Jul-09 23:28:39

Yes John Lewis.They are good for boys clothes at this age generally - lots of bright colours and no slogans.

brimfull Thu 30-Jul-09 23:32:15

go on get him some thomas ones smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now