Talk

Advanced search

when internet shopping how ,ong can you leave things in your shopping basket?

(10 Posts)
shavenhaven Thu 30-Jul-09 13:04:23

am stoney broke untill payday tomorrow, have added a load of stuff to my bag (inc some sale things i really want)

do you think it would keep them till midnight when i can pay for them?

doggiesayswoof Thu 30-Jul-09 13:08:38

It depends on the site, some (e.g. M&S) keep stuff in your basket even if you sign out and back in again

Other sites, it seems to time out and disappear

There might be a "save basket" option or "save for later" beside each item or something?

shavenhaven Thu 30-Jul-09 13:09:33

i never thought about looking for something like that, will go and look just now.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 30-Jul-09 13:14:48

You can do this with ocado aswell, it will save the whole basket for you.

savoycabbage Thu 30-Jul-09 13:18:07

ELC swipe it right out if you go for a wee or answer the door. I have had stuff in my Topshop basket for weeks now. At least 4 weeks. Amazon keep it forever.

shavenhaven Thu 30-Jul-09 13:34:40

it is clothes not food.

that sounds good about topshop it is a similar type of shop.

i have just minamised the screen at the moment, dont want to risk ckicking it of incase i lose my stuff forever!

flowerybeanbag Thu 30-Jul-09 13:39:03

Loads of places leave things in baskets for ages. I'm frequently going on to sites and finding a basket full of stuff I changed my mind about buying weeks earlier.

However, my FIL put an iphone in his basket and thought that meant he had reserved one. His basket was then emptied presumably to fulfil requirements for people actually going ahead and buying. He had to then wait to get his iphone.

So if the stuff in your basket is in high demand, it might disappear.

Northerngirldownsouth Thu 30-Jul-09 13:42:01

With M and S, if someone else buys the last one of the size in your basket it moves it into the 'saved for later' area. With sale stuff it can move there quite quickly.

I think though (not certain so call them to check) that you don't pay for it until its despatched (i.e. another few days) so even if you checked out you might be ok cash-wise.

shavenhaven Thu 30-Jul-09 13:44:41

bugger really dont want to miss out on the sale things but it wont be much of a bargain if i checkout just now and get a £35 bank charge!

flowerybeanbag Thu 30-Jul-09 13:47:56

Yes card often gets charged when stuff is despatched.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now