Talk

Advanced search

Feather filled padded coats, where to buy the best one?

(14 Posts)
Nezzi Thu 30-Jul-09 11:58:15

I know it's a bit soon (although it does feel like winter today) but who does the best ones?
I've looked at them for the past couple of winters but can never bring myself to buy one cause they are usually so ugly but I sometimes see women wearing them looking very chic & European. Where do they get them from?

BobtheWoodmouse Thu 30-Jul-09 12:14:48

They had a fabulous down-filled black coat in Zara the other day - all the winter stock starting to come in. It had a high curved neck to nestle into and looked quite fitted throughout so not too bulky either.

It's one of the few ones I've seen that didn't look overpadded with big Michelin bands.

Saw it in Nice, south of France which seemed to make it more chic and European grin

Nezzi Thu 30-Jul-09 12:20:30

Sounds good, I think a fitted style is important, pilsbury dough boy isn't the look I want for winter, or any other time to be honest.

Molesworth Thu 30-Jul-09 12:21:54

I got a nice fitted down-filled jacket in Uniqlo last autumn - might be worth a look?

Nezzi Thu 30-Jul-09 12:27:00

Uniglo are cheap too, good idea.

flowerybeanbag Thu 30-Jul-09 12:42:30

I got a really lovely one from White Stuff last year, nice shape, very cosy.

101handbags Thu 30-Jul-09 13:14:57

Have a look at Lands End when their new winter things are in..I have to admit I find virtually everything they sell really frumpy but don't let that put you off. I have a couple of really nice padded down coats from them bought in the last couple of years and they are not at all Michelin man-like.

Nezzi Thu 30-Jul-09 14:07:01

Lands End, are you sure? hmm

BodenGroupie Thu 30-Jul-09 14:17:32

I'd second Zara, H & M normally have some good ones but in dull colours.

I got mine in TK Maxx, some German make. The men at work call me The Very Hungry Caterpillar when I wear it grin

Nezzi Thu 30-Jul-09 17:36:39

Going to try Zara & TK Maxx. Maybe Esprit too.

BikeRunSki Thu 30-Jul-09 17:52:12

Land's End always do loads of down coats and jackets, and they are not bad looking actually. Often will be waterproof too. They don't just make "outdoor grandparents" kit, some things can be quite stylish, and really well made.

This one is even in the sale at the moment

Their new down stuff tends to come in in about October.

Nezzi Thu 30-Jul-09 18:08:54

Sorry, don't like any of the land's end ones. Thanks for helping though.

LynetteScavo Thu 30-Jul-09 18:13:34

Bodne do them, but they haven't got them in the autumn catalogue - I hope they will in the winter one.

I bought one a ew years ago and it is really warm....now I want need a new one.

bishboschone Thu 30-Jul-09 19:54:36

I got one from marks and spencer last year.its nice and shapely and its very warm. its per una (I know I kkno) but very plain and reasonable.I expect they will do them again this year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now