Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions for a BFing dress to wear to a wedding?

(10 Posts)
essenceofSES Thu 30-Jul-09 11:34:54

A very good friend is getting married at the end of August. DS will be 16 weeks old by then and I plan to still be exclusively BFing on demand.

I've just realised (in my PFB haze!) that I need to find something to wear! I'd like to find a smart stylish BFing dress.

If it helps, I'm 5'6" and currently a curvy size 14-16.

Any ideas?

HuffySpice Thu 30-Jul-09 11:37:43

Look for something with front buttons and then wear a little cami underneath. A wrap-around with a cami works well too.

Or, anything that will allow you to pop your boob over the top of it and take a pashmina.

preggersplayspop Thu 30-Jul-09 11:43:40

I was in a similar situation and had a wrap around dress which I could get easy access to the boob from. I didn't worry too much about how discreet it would be as I went back to my room to feed. My main criteria was therefore access rather than privacy!

essenceofSES Thu 30-Jul-09 11:51:27

Thanks! Will scour the net for something with buttons later.
I guess I could have a pashmina as part of my outfit but not sure if that'll be too fussy with DS.
I've suprised myself by not being too bothered about BFing in public. There probably will be a corner or room I could use but I usually just feed wherever I am. I don't want to draw attention to myself on the day though and would like to look just as glam as a non-BFer IYKWIM!

preggersplayspop Thu 30-Jul-09 11:56:48

I had a pashmina too, for warmth rather than anything else. I'm not bothered by bf in public either, but for some reason less bothered by strangers seeing me do it than people i know!

Hope you find a great dress and have a lovely time.

Thinkthinkthink Thu 30-Jul-09 18:20:08

Hobbs linen dress with buttons

essenceofSES Fri 31-Jul-09 18:21:42

Thanks everyone! I have gone for this

KristinaM Fri 31-Jul-09 18:32:42

oh that dress is lovely and both colours are beautiful! So much nicer than boring old black

I'm sure you will get lots of use out of it as its not to wedding-y and will be lovely at Christmas with a shrug or short cardi

essenceofSES Fri 31-Jul-09 18:35:50

Thanks! I actually prefer the other colour (slightly!) but the colour scheme the bride is having is "crushed raspberry" so I decided it was too similar and to go for the teal instead.

KristinaM Fri 31-Jul-09 18:46:17

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now