Talk

Advanced search

Need an abba "outfit" - help!!

(5 Posts)
kando Wed 29-Jul-09 16:49:09

Going to a mamma mia tribute type thing in a couple of weeks and we're dressing up hmm In desperation I have bought a black top with lots of silver sequin type things on it from the charity shop for £2.50 but if something better comes along ... I don't want to fork out a fortune (had a look at some of the outfits on the dressing up website but they are quite expensive!) but want to look as if I've at least tried to make an effort!!

kando Thu 30-Jul-09 09:44:27

That should also read "does anyone have any ideas where I can get some abba-type tops/bottoms or just ideas in general for what to wear?" blush I've heard Primark may have suitable stuff but I don't have one nearby me. Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received!

zippy539 Thu 30-Jul-09 09:50:04

Didn't they wear a lot of coulottes (sp?)?.If you've got a pair of knee high boots and you could wear them with a big pair of flares to the appropriate length (you should be able to get a cheap pair of flares in the charity shop??). I think they wore little skull caps too didn't they? Could you customise a wee beanie with some sequins and a centre parting....?

Sorry not to be of more help!

zippy539 Thu 30-Jul-09 09:50:49

Alternatively buy a big beard and go as the beardy bloke....

kando Thu 30-Jul-09 13:37:09

Didn't even think about going as a bloke grin Good idea re the beanie hat - my girls may even have one that might fit me (they have big heads!!) Did have a look in our local charity shop, but think I may have to trawl further afield to see if I can find flares. Thanks for your help zippy! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now