Talk

Advanced search

Ok, after several years of Croc-wearing, I have rediscovered the joy of fantastic shoes but I have blisters on my blisters. Can I toughen up my feet somehow?

(15 Posts)
MmeLindt Wed 29-Jul-09 13:12:37

Help! I bought 4 pairs of shoes when I was over in Scotland last month and I am enjoying wearing them but my feet are in agony.

At present I am alternating between my new snazzy shoes and days off wearing Croc Cleo sandals but I am still getting blisters.

Do I just have to grin and bear it or is there a way to toughen up my feet?

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 29-Jul-09 13:17:37

I think you just have to grin and bear it, or give up and go back to crocs.

Those Cleo's are wonderfully comfortable aren't they?!

Penthesileia Wed 29-Jul-09 13:18:20

What kind of shoes are they? They shouldn't give you blisters, you poor thing!

Before hiking at school <shudder> we used to rub white spirit (I think it was) on our feet to toughen them up. That's a possibility.

Otherwise, buy some shoe-stretchers and gently stretch your new shoes to give your feet more room.

Are you barefoot in the shoes? Getting hot, sweaty feet can increase the chance of blisters. Can you wear cotton socks/tights til you break them in?

janeite Wed 29-Jul-09 13:18:57

Buy some mole skin and stick it in the shoes.

Crocs are not shoes - they are containers!

fishie Wed 29-Jul-09 13:20:58

wear them round the house with socks on. your feet are all soft from too much croccing and you will need a while to get used to proper shoes.

MmeLindt Wed 29-Jul-09 13:23:26

Sshhhhhhhhhh, CSWS. DH is estatic that I am talking about ebaying my Crocs (bought this year and never worn)

I wear cotton sock things with some of the shoes but still get blisters. On my little toes.

They are really summery shoes so I cannot really wear tights or socks with them. Could try breaking them in at home.

I have ruined my feet, haven't I?

MmeLindt Wed 29-Jul-09 13:23:58

janeite
what do you mean moleskin? The material?

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 29-Jul-09 13:30:41

e-baying cleos? What size and what colour?!

MmeLindt Wed 29-Jul-09 13:35:09

No, not the Cleos. They are getting a bit past their best. I think that I will buy new Cleos, as they are the best thing for holidays when I am doing a lot of walking.

In a fit of madness I bought two pairs of Crocs this year, and have not worn them. Um, will have to google what they are called.

MmeLindt Wed 29-Jul-09 13:39:03

Malinda and Olivia.

why why why? What was I thinking?

I blame MN

janeite Wed 29-Jul-09 13:41:38

Stick on moleskin from Boots. You can stick it in the shoe, in which case it lasts longer, or on your feet like plasters.

CantSleepWontSleep Wed 29-Jul-09 13:54:21

will have to look them up later when I'm on comp rather than phone. I should prob sell my sassaris too, as they rub my baby toe.

just a thought, but are your other shoes of a style whereby you could fit a crocs insole in them?

MmeLindt Wed 29-Jul-09 14:06:30

Ok, will have a look at the moleskin things. Perhaps my Mum can send me them.

I don't think that I can fit a Croc sole into my new shoes.

foofi Wed 29-Jul-09 14:24:21

here

MmeLindt Wed 29-Jul-09 16:28:34

Should be able to get Scholl products here. Will try that.

Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now