Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of hair - what do you think works best?

(8 Posts)
Stefka Wed 29-Jul-09 10:49:16

I have very thick dark hair and getting rid of it is a constant battle. I am thinking of starting to go to the salon to get waxed but the thing I don't get about that is what do you do in between when it is growing back? If you have lots of dark hair what do you do?

Meglet Wed 29-Jul-09 10:52:16

I get waxed but TBH I never wear skirts / dresses as my hair comes back within a week. It's just nice to know I'm hair free under my jeans. Thats quite depressing isn't it hmm.

I had electrolysis on my stomach but even that came back so I bleach it.

cornsillk Wed 29-Jul-09 10:55:24

Wax I think.

Chevre Wed 29-Jul-09 11:04:57

i have a epilator for my legs and underarms - little and often is the mantra. get a wax first and then maintain with epilator.

i tweeze eyebrows nearly every day

ipl for chin and upperlip. tis an utter pain in the ass.

snowmummy Wed 29-Jul-09 11:05:12

I've tried waxing, acculight treatment, creams and I always end up going back to shaving - not ideal but the most convenient and cheap.

woodenchair Wed 29-Jul-09 11:14:36

chevre what is ipl?

cornsillk Wed 29-Jul-09 11:16:18

I find that shaving always makes the hair grow back really quickly and all at the same time though. I do shave when desperate but usually regret it!

Chevre Wed 29-Jul-09 11:18:24

Intense Pulsed Light google it. tis pain free and i only need it 3 -4 times a year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now