Talk

Advanced search

HELP! QUICK! i've had a dye disaster! what colour accessories to go with navy and black?

(7 Posts)
chimchar Wed 29-Jul-09 09:14:46

oh pants!

had a shit couple of weeks. got a wedding on sat. no time or money to buy new outfit. dyed pale blue with black flowery patterned dress and instead of coming out all black, the pale blue has turned navy and the pattern is still black!!!

it actually looks ok, but i can't decide what the dominant colour is..

what colour do i match to it?

i need to go out today to get things to match.

help!

CybilLiberty Wed 29-Jul-09 09:16:58

what style is the dress?

chimchar Wed 29-Jul-09 18:54:41

oh god...sorry, i had to go out before i read your answer!

ok. dress is above the knee, sort of a-line style, 3/4 flared sleeves, round neck. fabric is heavy viscose (it drapes nicely)

i am a size 12, curvy figure...

i've just bought a pair of high heeled mary jane shoes in black..not sure about them tbh..

i'm thinking to make it a bit more weddingy, i could get a big red fabric flower to wear as a broach kind of thing,. and a red bag to go with it...

am v. stressed...its just not right iykwim...it feels cobbled together.

CybilLiberty Thu 30-Jul-09 09:50:49

Could you get a fab expensive looking black necklace and clutch bag to finish it off? Not sure adding another colour would do it.

chimchar Thu 30-Jul-09 10:27:20

i don't think that the black is doing it...it looks lovely with black tights and stuff, but that makes it look night time partyish rather than day time wedding ish iykwim...

its sort of 60's style...was panicing wondering if some flat sandles and a big bag would do it.

ahhhh. fuck! going to take my 3 kids into town now to see what i can find...

Chevre Thu 30-Jul-09 10:31:25

red shoes and accessories

chimchar Thu 30-Jul-09 11:10:03

thanks...wish me luck! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now