Talk

Advanced search

My winter coat is dead and I need a new one - please help me

(10 Posts)
LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 28-Jul-09 14:31:22

I somehow managed to keep the same winter coat going for that past three years. It is now quite definitively dead.
Where am I going to get a new one? I am size 14, large of nork, need room underneath for a warm jumper and want it to be smart, fairly fitted and a nice cheerful colour (last one was green) - I am pale-skinned with reddish-brown hair. Budget is about £100ish.
I was thinking of the Boden velvet one perhaps unless anyone has any better ideas?

mrsmerryweather Tue 28-Jul-09 15:00:14

The Boden velvet will not be warm...I have an almost identical velvet one from White Stuff last year- it is fine for autmn or wet warm days, but not when it is bitterly cold!

I have just got the Boden Boiled wool one to replace a 4yr old coat! I do have a smart black coat already, but wanted something a bit more casual and the BOiled Wool one is nice. I wished I were brave anough to buy it in Teal as that really IS my colour- but I have it in grey.

LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 28-Jul-09 15:48:33

No, I was afraid it wouldn't be. Do like the style though - single breasted is the way to go with my norks.

GrapefruitMoon Tue 28-Jul-09 19:08:26

I have a Boden Velvet and it's not warm enough to have as your only winter coat - though ok for mildish days so if you really like it you could get it but hang onto your old one for snowy/frosty days? I think I wore mine a lot last winter and it was a coldish winter?

Have you a Kew near you? They usually have nice coats but would probably be more than £100 I would think...

LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 28-Jul-09 19:15:30

Grapefruit - My address is The Sticks, Sticksville, Back of Beyond.
It's mail order all the way! Will go ove £100 for the right coat though.

fruitstick Tue 28-Jul-09 19:18:43

I bought a lovely red wool coat from Kew last year - was about £120.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 28-Jul-09 19:50:25

I think that you should hang fire for a month as the online shops will be full of coats at the end of August - not a lot around now:

I found this. It looks great in the picture, but I don't know what the quality is like from Great Universal:

Blue wool A-line

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 28-Jul-09 19:51:41

Just to say that Bravissimo had winter coats last year, so it might be worth checking them out. (None online at the moment there.)

LadyGlencoraPalliser Tue 28-Jul-09 19:54:18

Love the blue, but it is a bit too short I think. You are are right though about waiting a few weeks I am jumping the gun a bit, but have given up on summer now and turning my thoughts winterwards.

FlorenceandtheWashingMachine Tue 28-Jul-09 20:27:35

I shall keep an eye out for you. I have a coat in bright blue and I got so many compliments on it last year. Why do so many winter coats have to be boring black?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now