Talk

Advanced search

Never had to buy a 'work' wardrobe, slightly scared!

(6 Posts)
spiderinthebath Mon 27-Jul-09 21:26:35

Ok am off to be a school nurse from working in a hospital with a uniform so need work clothes,eeeek! Im thinking not a suit but maybe smart trousers and shirts/ wrap dresses maybe (can you tell totally clueless!) help me please....

janeite Mon 27-Jul-09 21:29:44

Smart trousers etc sound fine (am a teacher, so see what school nurses wear!).

I've got nice work skirts recently from French Connection, Warehouse and Principles (sad it's gone now). Smart trousers I generally get from M&S - I like wide-legged ones or narrow, rather than mid! Can't help you with shirts as have norks and they look hideous on me.

K999 Mon 27-Jul-09 21:31:45

Hobbs are brilliant and have a section on their website dedicated to 'work' clothes. I also like French Connection. smile

spiderinthebath Mon 27-Jul-09 21:36:28

might help to say no norks, bit more bottom!

TrillianuptheAstra Mon 27-Jul-09 21:37:28

Oooh, exciting! My job ended up being in a casual office so no need for new clothes (good as I don't have any money yet).

Smart dresses, skirts, shirts, neat cardigans and jumpers, there are loads of lovely things you can have.

trollbeadaddict Mon 27-Jul-09 21:46:01

Don't buy too much until you've seen just what everyone else is wearing and what the dress code is (I work in "serious" profession, but director of org is v. casual, so I feel I can be too!). Shoes will be the tricky thing - if you are walking around alot, you're not going to want kitten heels so you may need something that goes with comfy shoes! (how boring!)smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now