Talk

Advanced search

Is it better to buy whole outfits or individual items that "mix and match"...?

(5 Posts)
RinkyDinkyPinky Mon 27-Jul-09 19:52:34

And which essentials do I need for a nice shiny new me??? smile

I'd like some new clothes after finally losing the baby weight and after having lived in the same 3 pairs of jeans and which-ever-T-shirt-looks-best (or maternity wear) for the last 3 years.

I'm 5'7, 35 <eek!> and size 12 (and a bit pear-shaped) and FTM.

SausageRocket Mon 27-Jul-09 20:26:40

mix and match capsule wardobe a la Gok !

RinkyDinkyPinky Mon 27-Jul-09 20:33:57

Hmmm, how to do that and still look pulled together??? I know what suits my shape but what garments do I really need? And should I limit the colours I go for/ emphasise one area of me?

<feels out of depth already>

OrphanAnnie Mon 27-Jul-09 23:25:52

Personal shopper at Debenhams/Harvey Nicks/John lewis is your best bet.

Jewelsandgems Tue 28-Jul-09 14:26:34

Pick 3 colours, and they all need to go with each other (or all at once)

The items can be tops, bottoms, jackets, scarves, bags or necklaces/earrings.

If you have cool colour eyes and complexion, then cool colours should suit you best. So say blues, purples, pinks, greys, cool browns.

Foe warm eyes and complexion go for warm colours eg reds/caramels/oranges/warm browns.

Yoy have to base it around your life. If you sspend alot if time with buggy (like me) then don't bother with heels. Concentrate on pretty flats, and for autumn some flat(ish) boots. If you spend alot of time with food on you (like me) look for patterns.

If you have spent alot of time in T shirts and jeans then try and avoid these items for now perhaps go for dresses and leggings? Or at least pretty tops/blouses (nothing in any kind of t-shirt material!) to wear with jeans, and perhaps add a nice necklace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now