Talk

Advanced search

Went into Bravissimo wearing 36D, came out wearing 30F!

(28 Posts)
wem Mon 27-Jul-09 14:06:47

I've read on here many times the importance of a properly fitting bra, so went off to Bravissimo to get myself fitted.

I'm now sat in my 30F bra, which felt comfortable in the fitting room, feeling somewhat breathless at how tight it is.

Can that be right? Am I going to have to go back? I had no idea what size to go for at first so they tried me in a 32DD so they've seen me in a 32 strap size and said it was too big.

kando Mon 27-Jul-09 14:08:14

Wow - I'm not surprised you're breathless! That's rather a huge downsize from a 36 to a 30. I think i'd be going back to the shop if it were me ...

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 14:09:50

<gasp of admiration at being an F>

I would wear it for a while and see how it is.

Properly fited bras always feel snug, compared to the tangerine net you were wearing before.

If it rubs or feels very uncomfortable, take it back. I had one that chafed my knockers and it killed me. They were happy to swap.

OnlyWantsOne Mon 27-Jul-09 14:10:04

Bras are supposed to be well fitted, especially for larger breats, it will loosen and stretch a little - wow a 30E - you lucky thing!!

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Mon 27-Jul-09 14:12:33

totally normal-they are meant to be snug fitting. you will get used to it very quickly and it will feel comfy

wem Mon 27-Jul-09 14:13:01

Pre-baby I wore 34A! tho perhaps they weren't the right size either...

I'm dreading stopping breastfeeding and watching them shrink back, I've quite enjoyed having boobs for the first time

Would nursing bras have to be tighter around the strap to compensate for no underwiring?

Wonderstuff Mon 27-Jul-09 14:13:22

I went in in a (admittedly loose) 34B and left in 28DD.

Now I have 3 28DD bras and one of them is really too tight and the other two are fine. I'm hoping the tight one will loosen up in the wash.

I think a tighter back fitting does offer more support, but if it is leaving red marks is too small.

thehairybabysmum Mon 27-Jul-09 14:16:56

No they will be right and i bet you looks loads better.

You were just wearing totally wrong size before.

wem Mon 27-Jul-09 14:19:02

It does look loads better. Ok, I guess I'll get used to it and maybe it'll relax a bit over time.

CarGirl Mon 27-Jul-09 14:21:12

They do stretch and loosen plus you get used to the tightness of them.

I am envy of your plentiful norks.

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 14:22:10

You should have it on the loosest catch at the back and then make it smaller as it stretches over time.

OhBling Mon 27-Jul-09 14:25:56

I love these threads.

<must get down to Bravissimo>

wem Mon 27-Jul-09 14:28:26

CarGirl grin they're only temporary!

I exclaimed loudly at the fitting lady when she said she was going to go get some 30Fs. She said 30F wasn't that big really. I think as the cup size is relative to the strap size 30F cups are quite a bit smaller than, say, 34F cups.

Anyway, they still don't seem huge to me, but I'm certainly going to miss them when they're gone.

pleasechange Mon 27-Jul-09 14:37:13

wem - they won't necessarily go down after bf. I went up from a DD pre-preg to an F when bf. Stopped bf long time ago and I'm still an f cup!

TigerFeet Mon 27-Jul-09 14:45:06

Mine didn't get smaller when I stopped bf either, but I did put a bit of weight on.

I went to get measured properly last year, went in a 38G and came out a 34JJ shockgrin

I am now pg again but have lost loads of weight so my norks have stayed the same size whilst the rest of me got smaller. I dread to think what I'm going to end up with. I'm running out of cup sizes.

CarGirl Mon 27-Jul-09 15:23:05

I used to be a 28 dd/30e now I'm a mere 30d and absoulutely nothing there due to my boob shape. I live in gel filled bra or my tummy sticks out further than my boobs sad

BodenGroupie Mon 27-Jul-09 15:41:16

They put me at a 32F (instead of 36D) but I insisted on a 34F because of the spill over at the back. They do feel tight to start with but you get used to it and other bras just feel odd.

My birthday today and my mother sent me a Rigby & Peller voucher - she's a bra snob and Bravissimo obviously wasn't good enough hmm. I'm now going to have to spend £30 on the train to get there. Don't mean to sound ungrateful, I just don't want to get fitted again when I'm really happy with B!

I thought £28 was a lot but have managed to get the same ones on eBay for £11 since.

rozzyraspberry Mon 27-Jul-09 21:56:49

I bf for a year and I found that my boobs shrank whilst feeding over time once my milk had regulated itself, but never actually got any smaller once I'd stopped bf.

I recently got properly fitted and went from a 36C to a 32D. Has helped my confidence so much because my whole shape just looks so much bettersmile. And yes they definitely did feel much tighter to begin with but now I just feel supported.

stickylittlefingers Mon 27-Jul-09 22:04:18

if it's wrong you have 28 days to bring it back, and I've found the women there really helpful. Am also excited by their halter neck and strappy tops with inbuilt bras. Didn't have them in my size when I was there, but I'll be back when they have an order in. Imagine being able to wear clothes like other girls do!

Clayhead Mon 27-Jul-09 22:07:45

In the past, if I have gone to Bravissimo for something and they've not had it in in my size when I've asked, they've posted it to my home address for free.

HumphreyCobbler Mon 27-Jul-09 22:11:19

I was measured the other day and came out a 30GG.

I have to say I wish they were smaller.

cheekysealion Mon 27-Jul-09 22:12:17

i really need to go there.. but the money puts me off.. because it sounds like i will love whatever i buy.. but i will then hate all my other bras.. but will have to wear them becasue i will only be able to buy one brravissimo a year!

Montifer Fri 31-Jul-09 19:24:13

Bravissimo are great aren't they grin

Cheekysealion - once they've got your sizing right you could always build up your correctly sized bra collection over time from any lingerie source

I was 34A pre pg and bf but also pre Bravissimo so was probably in wrong size; now 32E.
Am concerned they might shrink when I stop bf, they have certainly sagged somewhat since the feeds went down to 2-3 per day.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 31-Jul-09 19:26:59

I was fitted with a 32F in Selfridges, DH spent £125 on 2 bra and knicker sets. Wore them about twice, no good. sadangry

I thought it would be okay as I was a 32 before kids and the F fitted that I had a big bosom.

QueenEagle Fri 31-Jul-09 19:29:33

I went there with dd a couple of weeks ago after she couldn't find the size she wanted in M&S near me. She went in wearing 34D and came out with a 30G!!

They didn't measure her, just looked, tweaked the one she was wearing around a bit and fetched a couple for her to try and........ they are they most comfortable bras she has ever had. She looks better, feels much more support and I am soooo jealous as I am only a paltry 36/38B! smile

I would be embarrassed to have a fitting as I feel very ineadaquate!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now