Talk

Advanced search

I know, I know, it's been done to death, but, I need a dress for a wedding

(15 Posts)
bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 13:06:42

Basically, I love this dress by Anusha, which would have been perfect, but they're sold out and when I asked whether or not they would get them back in stock in my size, they helpfully said "They're sold out in your size". Nice.

I am 5 foot 7, size 10. The dress or skirt/top combo (trousers not acceptable) needs to go over my knee and cover my upper arms. I have checked Debenhams (all mini or ugly), M&S (don't get me started), Topshop (mini/ug), Coast (just plain weird/ugly), Monsoon (a couple of possibilities).

I do like this from coast but when asked DP whether or not it would be acceptable he siad "It will be fine for the party, but not for the ceremony". So, looks like I might be doing swift costume changes part way through the wedding.

Any help please?

EldonAve Mon 27-Jul-09 13:22:38

have you tried shopstyle.co.uk?

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 13:41:29

I'm having a look now ... this website could be very dangerous.

DP has now come back and said that costume changes are not necessary. I think I need fancy coloured shoes though, to lift the outfit.

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 13:43:55

Have you looked at Boden - some dresses in the sale there. I can't link - can't get on the site at the moment!

Clure Mon 27-Jul-09 13:44:32

this
jazzed up with nice shoes/accessories
not sure of your budget!
lovely but may be too short

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 13:50:26

Hm. I had forgotten about Boden, and LK Bennet. I think the FCUK one is a bit too short.

DP's terrified that I will do something embarassing (old family friends of his, French, rather wealthy and traditional) and I haven't helped by suggesting I bring along tupperware containers to get "takeaways" from the buffet and do crazy dancing. He he he.

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 14:31:10

Lots of nice dresses in the sale at net-a-porter and my wardrobe.

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 14:33:18

SIAN dress is lovely - FCUK dresses always short on me and I'm 5'6'' - lovely dress though.

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 14:33:44

Don't get anything by coast for a wedding.

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 15:04:25

Even if it's in a different country? (hence likelihood of having other people in same outfit minimal?)

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 15:13:05

Will the guests be from a different country also?

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 15:28:12

Yes. about 95% French.

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 15:28:57

Coast will probably be fine then!

Clure Mon 27-Jul-09 18:34:20

yes sorry, I'm 5'1 and often have the opposite problem!!

Countingthegreyhairs Mon 27-Jul-09 19:49:11

I find Phase Eight website good to look at and glean ideas from even if I don't actually buy

have a look at these:

www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/departmentoccasioncat/occasion/special-occasion?resetFilters=true

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now