Talk

Advanced search

18th birthday watch

(3 Posts)
teafortwo Mon 27-Jul-09 10:25:20

My cousin is 18 this year. I have been chosen to be the one to take her shopping for our family's traditional big 18th birthday present... grin I can't wait! This is very exciting for her and I! She thinks she will probably like to have a watch which I think is a fab choice.

I have started to look at a few watches online, to get an idea of what is out there and so I will feel able to give her a guiding hand on the day should she want or need it...

Max price £200.

I have seen a few Seiko ones she might like but want to get a real sense of all options. I want to get this right for her. Being 18 is very important and having a beautiful watch to remember it by is a great idea!

So... What would you recommend for an 18 year old? Obviously nothing too Mummsy or Grannyish but not so fashionable that it will look awfully dated in a years time... as I'd like it to be a present for keeps!!!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

teafortwo Mon 27-Jul-09 10:50:54

www.seiko.co.uk/products/seiko/c/other_seiko_watches/m/sujf59p1_sujf59p1

www.seiko.co.uk/products/seiko/c/other_seiko_watches/m/sxb395p1

Here are a couple I thought could be the right direction to go in... but I am not sure... What do you think???

teafortwo Mon 27-Jul-09 11:43:30

www.rotarywatches.com/UK/catalogue/watch/rotary-core-collection/LB02438_31.aspx

Is this one pretty or really terribly boring and conservative?

Last night I thought it was pretty but on second look I wonder if it is exactly the style I would have avoided at 18...

(...hopes someone will join me!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now