Talk

Advanced search

Accessorise this Anglomania dress please, oh fashionistas

(19 Posts)
KristinaM Sun 26-Jul-09 21:01:27

Thanks to Mumsnet I have a dress for dreaded school reunion. Its Vivienne Westwood red jersey dress here

The reunion is a drinks reception and dinner at the school, then moving to a private function room in a nightclub!!!

I need advice on everything - shoes, tights, bag and jewellery - as I am a designer dress virgin

KristinaM Sun 26-Jul-09 21:45:25

I should add that on me it shows quite a bit of leg - the hem comes to the knee at the front but the split falls open and its several inches above the knee at the back. So I guess I need opaques??

KristinaM Mon 27-Jul-09 12:27:23

Well if you lot wont help me i will have to decide myself like an adult

what about this lovely bag? its in the sale too. and from Mumsnet "style and beauty" threads favourite shop

krugerparkrules Mon 27-Jul-09 12:31:11

i think you could go without jewellery as the dress is lovely, and the neckline of the dress itself is unusual .....
sorry not to be of too much help, bu enjoy the reunion (I did one, and it was a mixed bag of emotion, like having your life fast forward really quickly and see what has become of everyone!!!)

BadgersArse Mon 27-Jul-09 12:32:23

haha

i remember this from before

MadreInglese Mon 27-Jul-09 12:35:32

LOL that it's called 'Picnic Dress'

I like it, but who would wear it to a picnic?

KristinaM Mon 27-Jul-09 12:36:16

badgersarse - are you mrs badger? if so, stop laughing and HELP ME

krugerparkrules - do you regret having gone? was it terrible? Did everyone look old and frumpy or were they glammed up?

I suspect that i am worrying about what to wear and when i go it will be awful!!and i will be cross with myself for bothering so much

preggersplayspop Mon 27-Jul-09 12:41:24

Why don't you do it like the model in the pic? Black opaque tights, red shoes and black bag (doesn't have to be that big/expensive). No big jewellery, I don't think the dress needs it.

Stay away from that Per Una bag!!!

KristinaM Mon 27-Jul-09 12:47:38

preggers - i agree on the jewellery, will just wear silver earrings . although its quite low on the neck i will resist the urge to wear necklace sad

i cant do cuffs as i have a small frame - they look silly on my skinny arms and thin wrists

my legs are quite good for my age ( unlike my stomach/face etc) but i dont think i can get away with bare legs and above knee dress shock

BadgersArse Mon 27-Jul-09 12:48:17

no i ma no she
will be back after lunch

KristinaM Mon 27-Jul-09 12:55:33

well please do not fanny about in your lunch hour eating sandwiches when you should be accessorising me angry

bleh Mon 27-Jul-09 13:13:53

Gold bag?

JFly Mon 27-Jul-09 14:25:15

Unless you linked to the wrong bag, that Per Una thingy is, well, horrid. You could wear gold dangly earrings, simple big gold clutch bag and gold shoes with bare legs. Sale VW shoes.

Or opaque black tights with black patent shoes and bag or, like the model wear red shoes for more impact.

OR, if you have the wedge, you could get that cute Lulu Guinness lips clutch.

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 14:29:30

I've been eyeing up an anglomania dress (not your one although I like very much - haven't seen it before). Are they tight? What are they like across the tummy?

krugerparkrules Mon 27-Jul-09 16:53:45

kristina i never really loved school that much, and i had changed quite a bit from my school days (from under achiever to now 3 degrees and teaching at a university) and I guess it was a bit of a thumbs up to some teachers who thought i might not amount to much! It was lovely to see everyone, catch up where they were, and to realise that we had all got older, things have happened to people, (babies, miscarriages, divorces, good jobs, fertility treatments etc) - and i was pleased that so many had done well for themselves - and also to see how much people do go through in a lifetime) I was pleased when it was over, nad pleased to have gone.
you will lok fabulous, and if you okay with your life and yourself you will enjoy it ...
have fun

CybilLiberty Mon 27-Jul-09 16:57:31

DO NOT BUY THAT PER UNA TURQUOISE BAG.

That's the only advice I feel I can give.

SausageRocket Mon 27-Jul-09 17:05:06

That Per Una bag is GOPPING.

KristinaM Mon 27-Jul-09 17:09:34

cornsilk - I tried on the draped long sleeve dress and it was too clingy across the tummy/bum, although not tight IYSWIM

defo spanx required

i found the dreses to be pretty true to size. i am a 12 and bought the medium

the picnic one is last years hence the bargain

cornsillk Mon 27-Jul-09 18:10:59

Thanks Kristina. May give it a miss then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now