Talk

Advanced search

Wrong topic, but great kiddies hair do's

(7 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Sun 26-Jul-09 10:54:23

Dd is growing her bob out, but has very thin curly hair, so it is a bit of a pain to style (i.e. is very hard to get neat, or to not look like a rats tail), and I have no imagination.

Please help me! grin

MadameCastafiore Sun 26-Jul-09 11:08:36

If you let her grow it to her shoulders and then have layers cut into it it should spring up and look thicker. Just make sure the layers are not too short or it will look poodle-ish!

Pawslikepaddington Sun 26-Jul-09 11:11:51

It is growing slowly, but taking so long! Hasn't been cut since Christmas and has grown an inch! At least I won't need to worry about waist length hair for a while! grin. Love the layers tip, thank you.

MadameCastafiore Sun 26-Jul-09 11:13:18

You need to use a very light leave in conditioner too to separate the curls thus making them defined and not just a big mess.

Oh and you should have it cut still but just the very ends.

littlelamb Sun 26-Jul-09 11:18:27

My dd has hair that is just the same. When it's cut ina bob its controllable and lovely. When we grow it it just looks like we don't brush it blush
I'll put pics in my profile showing the difference. I htink we've just accepted that we need to keep it a bit shorter to keep it managable

Pawslikepaddington Sun 26-Jul-09 11:23:23

Thanks guys-I'm awful with hair!

Jewelsandgems Sun 26-Jul-09 20:07:42

My DD's hair is exactly the same - very ringletty curly. I let it grown to just below her shoulders and sometmes it looked great, other times just messy. And she has all these shorter bits around her face to even when she has a ponytail or pigtails, she has all this fluffy hair escaping!

S, this evening as it happens I gave her a graduated bob - shorter at nape of neck, longer as sides, in a low side parting and it looks really funky!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now