Talk

Advanced search

If like me you need a flatter (well, flattish...) tummy, look no further...

(28 Posts)
notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 13:34:36

than this

I've tried every type of shapewear, control wear, hold you in, squeeze you down, product on the market and by far this is the best. I'm wearing it at work today and feel great as for the first time in eons I actually have definition between boobs and stomach, as well as a proper hourglass figure. Going to wear it tomorrow for the races, which I'm attnding with a group of size 8 twiglets.

Heated Fri 24-Jul-09 13:51:31

Isn't that, I hesitate to say it...a corset? grin

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 13:56:13

Heated, we are. Sigh. Yes, sadly the only thing capable of reining in my sizeable potbelly is an attractive hmm 'waist-cincher' underbust corset. Or a 'waspie' as my Mum informed me.

I'm not letting you take the shine off this though- I feel thin! Doing wonders for my posture as well.grin Give it a week and I'll be the queen of Victorian deportment and be able to walk with a book on my head.

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 13:56:43

Heated, it is...not we are!!!!Don't know where that came from...bizarre.

potplant Fri 24-Jul-09 13:57:25

Looks like a corset to me (or a roll on as they used to say in the olden days).

Is it comfy? I too have tried lots but always end up taking them off halfway through the night a bottle of wine cos they are so uncomfortable.

lal123 Fri 24-Jul-09 14:00:02

my gran had one of those......

cornsillk Fri 24-Jul-09 14:01:43

Does it bunch up when you sit down?

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 14:03:16

I never said it was sexy, did I?! Does the job though. Mostly comfortable, digging in a little under boobs but not massively so. Although as potplant says the test will be tomorrow after muchos alcohol

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 14:04:24

Still firmly in place cornsilk and I've been sat at a desk most of the day. Much better than the pants with a long top that you have to hoik over your flab and the proceed to roll down over the course of the evening.

cocolepew Fri 24-Jul-09 14:05:16

If you were flat chested you could sit down and find it under your chin grin

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 14:06:08

grin grin grin

cornsillk Fri 24-Jul-09 14:06:08

I'm quite tempted actually.

OhBling Fri 24-Jul-09 14:09:08

I like that it has the hooks in the front. Getting those things over the norks or the hips is always a test of my patience and commitment and makes me feel like a fast Scarlett o Hara!

Heated Fri 24-Jul-09 14:11:15

My great aunt has one too, lal123 - always reminded me of the invisble man, seeing her corset stand there on her dressing table. It was so girdered it could stand upright!

Maybe you're on to something NAMYBOD, although I'd need a tweenie to lace me into one.

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 14:11:38

The hooks are great. I was concerned that theymay ping open due to the intense pressure they are under from keeping my flab at bay but so far so good. It was easy to do up as well, did it in about 2 minutes whereas I've spent precious drinking time minutes getting the other types up to my boobs and ensuring my back fat is safely encapsulated.

OhBling Fri 24-Jul-09 14:34:57

Back fat <groans> I hate that.

AnnieOneForTennis Fri 24-Jul-09 14:37:37

can't wear it under a bikini though...
dammit.

lal123 Fri 24-Jul-09 14:39:40

I had a different sort - can remember the name of it - sexy (??) little (??) number as described by notyetamummy , but it had straps to hold it up (and an extrememly amusing gap in the gusset.....) Not hte sort of thing you'd want your dp catching you getting in or out of - but did the trick. off for a google

lal123 Fri 24-Jul-09 14:42:29

this !!!

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 15:04:23

Anything that describes itself as "extreme amkeover power body suit" is never going to have the comfort and ease of getting into and out of of a kaftan, is it?

Piffle Fri 24-Jul-09 15:11:40

when the gap between bra and corset fills with back fat, it can provide a nasty ppinch too.
I do have a waspie but find the www.simplyyours.co.uk/productcache/BYS/BO8415/SC511XD.html a LOT better

Piffle Fri 24-Jul-09 15:11:55

esbelt slimming vest

dexter73 Fri 24-Jul-09 15:14:54

Do you not get really hot wearing it?

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 15:38:16

I looked at the esbelt too Piffle but it was just a ste too far into 'industrial strength corset' for me- i saw the miracelsuit one as more of a middle ground. Do you find the esbelt comfortable to wear, could you wear it all day as they suggest?

notamumyetbutoneday Fri 24-Jul-09 15:38:44

step too far

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now