Talk

Advanced search

I am buying myself a new wardrobe

(7 Posts)
Greatfun Thu 23-Jul-09 19:42:34

After 2 years of SAHMdom I am returning to work and want some new clothes. I can't go out shopping due to the ankle biters so will be doign all shopping inline. Hvae nay of you got any recommendations on where to start. I have shopped with Debenhams and will be sending 75% of it back.

Greatfun Thu 23-Jul-09 19:46:21

I meant online hmm

The job doesn't involve typing so I should be OK.

I need smartish work clothes and casual clothes.

blithedance Thu 23-Jul-09 19:52:24

If you can get half a day off (or even an evening slot) a lot of the big Debenhams have a personal shopper. They could then pick you out some suitable things that fit, and it makes good use of time IYSWIM

LadyG Thu 23-Jul-09 20:13:15

Can you really not go out for a Saturday and leave the kids with a friend/your other half. I only say this because I had to do this after a year of mat leave and it was really helpful to try lots and lots of things on and in different sizes as I am sort of 'between sizes' now. Also trouser shapes and so on have really changed so it is helpful to try things on which you may not have thought would suit you.

I ended up buying trousers from Gap and lots of tops from a department store where they have loads of different concessions (Selfridges) so I could try things from different shops without traipsing up and down all day

missblythe Thu 23-Jul-09 20:18:23

Give us a bit more to go on.

Your age/hairtype/colouring/shape etc.

Is there a celebrity whose look you like? Jennifer Aniston/Kate Moss/Victoria Beckham/Kerry Katona?

duckyfuzz Thu 23-Jul-09 20:19:59

I have just replenished my work wardrobe in hobbs sale, some real bargains to be had

IwoulddoDrWho Thu 23-Jul-09 20:29:56

IKEA?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now