Talk

Advanced search

Help! I'm getting married on Saturday and I had a spray fake bake tan done 10 minutes ago and the colour is dreadful

(36 Posts)
padboz Thu 23-Jul-09 13:27:33

Should I wash it all of or will i just look terrible? OMG OMG OMG

I know its just the makeup but its orange - Im scared!

docket Thu 23-Jul-09 13:29:20

i would wait a bit and see how it is when it has 'developed' (is it supposed to develop?!)

JackieNo Thu 23-Jul-09 13:29:54

I think you need to give it time. Talk to the place where you had it done - it may well be that you need to wait a certain length of time, then once you have a shower, it will tone it down to something more natural.

Ewe Thu 23-Jul-09 13:30:25

Of course it is, all fake tan is orange/dark brown when it goes on. It will look better once it has developed and you have showered.

Wanderingsheep Thu 23-Jul-09 13:30:33

I think that once you've had a shower it will look fine! However, I have never used fake bake or had a spray tan.

CybilLiberty Thu 23-Jul-09 13:31:12

If it IS a wash off developing one, with the real colour underneath it will be fine. My St Tropez makes me look like Jordan initially but next morning is lovely and natural.

JackieNo Thu 23-Jul-09 13:31:21

Don't shower straight away though - talk to the salon first.

Ewe Thu 23-Jul-09 13:31:28

I have fake bakes all the time, this is perfectly normal, you are supposed to look dirty and orange. Shower in the morning and it will wash off and leave you with a nice nutty brown colour.

Please don't panic! Have you never had a fake tan before?

ilove Thu 23-Jul-09 13:31:37

Leave it 24 hours then shower...you'll be a lovely golden brown.

Wanderingsheep Thu 23-Jul-09 13:32:18

Congratulations btw! Hope all goes well on Saturday! smile

AddictedtoCrunchies Thu 23-Jul-09 13:33:05

When i have a fake tan i have to wait six hours before I can shower while the colour develops. I would def talk to the place who did it.
Most of it will be on your bed sheets tomorrow morning anyway! smile Don't worry.

(And don't wear a white bra - I ruined one a few weeks ago as I sweated fake tan onto it and it won't come out blush.

padboz Thu 23-Jul-09 13:33:57

its supposed to develop.... sob... what have I done?

Ewe Thu 23-Jul-09 13:35:59

Nothing! You've had a fake tan that is doing exactly what it should be by the sounds of it.

Honestly, THIS IS NORMAL. You will look dirty, burnt orange and smell today. Shower in the morning and this will go and be replaced by golden brown colour.

padboz Thu 23-Jul-09 13:37:13

ooh, thank you for the replies...

Addicted Dont wear a white bra? for how long>??!?! I have a white wedding dress that I need to be wearing in about 36 hours..

<panic>

I've never had a fake tan before, no. I have a strapless dress and I had really obvious T-shirt marks...

CybilLiberty Thu 23-Jul-09 13:38:09

Too late to say this but..you should have had a dry run

padboz Thu 23-Jul-09 13:38:33

thanks Cybil.....

Ewe Thu 23-Jul-09 13:40:59

As soon as you have showered you'll be fine. Fake bake use a khaki guide colour so you will look a bit orange/green, this is just so you can see where to apply it and so you don't miss anything. This is effectively just make up colouring and will wash off your skin, prior to washing it will stain light clothes/sheets.

Once you have showered the tan will be "set" and you shouldn't get any marks on clothes etc. Unless you sweat alot, that sometimes can make the colour transfer but don't worry, most people have a tan before getting married and I have never seen a bride with any orange marks on dress!

Congrats and good luck

Lovemyshoes Thu 23-Jul-09 13:43:21

padboz.

When you have a fake tan, you should let if develop for a while, ring your salon and double check the amount of time.

When you do eventually have a shower, you will be surprised at how much of it comes off. If you still think it is too much you can exfoliate all over.

Personally if you have 2/3 showers within the next 36 hours I would worry about it coming off on your dress, its not like tinted moisturiser.

Good luck and let us know how it is after a shower, if there are any bits you are unsure off etc, ring the salon, they are there to help.

CybilLiberty Thu 23-Jul-09 13:43:48

I always like to post helpful comment when it's too late grin

padboz Thu 23-Jul-09 14:02:22

thanks everyone.... I'll stick with it then

It'll be ok I'm sure.....

<prays silently>

TimeForMe Thu 23-Jul-09 14:04:12

If you still don't like it after it has developed then go for a swim. The chlorine always manages to fade mine! hmm

Congratulations and good luck for Saturday smile

padboz Thu 23-Jul-09 14:07:12

timeforme : in an organised way? the fading I mean?

cornsillk Thu 23-Jul-09 14:07:28

I want a fake bake - sounds fab. Good luck for Saturday!

padboz Thu 23-Jul-09 14:11:25

cornsilk - I'll let you know if I look less like a pumpkin in the morning...

cornsillk Thu 23-Jul-09 14:12:42

What's your dress like or is it a secret?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now