Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

celtic peach fuzz face - how do I stop growing a beard as I get older :-(

(8 Posts)
sausagerolemodel Thu 23-Jul-09 10:25:56

I am fair skinned have short "peach fuzz" hair on my face which doesn't bother me EXCEPT as I am getting older (now 36) I am finding that some of the hairs on my chin are getting coarser and growing in as long whiskers shock

I pluck and tweeze to get rid of them, but I would rather find a more permanent solution than end up with a whiskery chin (as some of my older female relatives have). However, because the hair is light, I do not think laser depilation would work. What else can I do - I am terrified of growing into the bearded lady!

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGit Thu 23-Jul-09 10:30:40

ipl?

i have been doing ipl oon and off for 2 years. hair is less coarse but not permanent. i only do it 3/4 times a year so i am happy..

sausagerolemodel Thu 23-Jul-09 12:04:06

I thought it didn't really work on fair hair though? - some of the whiskers are white! Like a cat's whiskers, but curly! hmm

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGit Thu 23-Jul-09 12:09:54

ipl does work on whiteys. go for a consultation.

warning: they shave you before blasting the buggers!

ButterbeerAndLemon Thu 23-Jul-09 12:24:26

Regular threading -- not a permanent solution but very effective.

sausagerolemodel Sat 25-Jul-09 18:28:49

they will shave my chin?! shock Thanks for the info. I will look into it as soon as I have the dosh,.

8oreighty Sat 25-Jul-09 19:03:14

I am same...I just bought a new epilator, Braun Silk-épil Xpressive 7781 Wet & Dry epilator £66 from Boots. Use it for legs etc, but...it's amazing for pulling hair out from your face, and it leaves the super soft tiny ones, waxing looks a bit too bald i think.

SueW Sat 25-Jul-09 20:09:16

Electrolysis is the way to go, I would say, especially if you are just having odd hairs. Most practitioners will do a free consultation to see how you get on.

Also instead of having to save as with laser treatment, you can break it into smaller chunks. Round here (Notts/Derbys) it costs about £1 per min and an experienced practitioner can remove iirc about 60-100 in 20 mins. You might only need 5-10 mins at a time to treat as they coarsen now, rather than waiting until it's a much bigger problem later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: