Talk

Advanced search

celtic peach fuzz face - how do I stop growing a beard as I get older :-(

(8 Posts)
sausagerolemodel Thu 23-Jul-09 10:25:56

I am fair skinned have short "peach fuzz" hair on my face which doesn't bother me EXCEPT as I am getting older (now 36) I am finding that some of the hairs on my chin are getting coarser and growing in as long whiskers shock

I pluck and tweeze to get rid of them, but I would rather find a more permanent solution than end up with a whiskery chin (as some of my older female relatives have). However, because the hair is light, I do not think laser depilation would work. What else can I do - I am terrified of growing into the bearded lady!

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGit Thu 23-Jul-09 10:30:40

ipl?

i have been doing ipl oon and off for 2 years. hair is less coarse but not permanent. i only do it 3/4 times a year so i am happy..

sausagerolemodel Thu 23-Jul-09 12:04:06

I thought it didn't really work on fair hair though? - some of the whiskers are white! Like a cat's whiskers, but curly! hmm

WouldYouCouldYouWithAGit Thu 23-Jul-09 12:09:54

ipl does work on whiteys. go for a consultation.

warning: they shave you before blasting the buggers!

ButterbeerAndLemon Thu 23-Jul-09 12:24:26

Regular threading -- not a permanent solution but very effective.

sausagerolemodel Sat 25-Jul-09 18:28:49

they will shave my chin?! shock Thanks for the info. I will look into it as soon as I have the dosh,.

8oreighty Sat 25-Jul-09 19:03:14

I am same...I just bought a new epilator, Braun Silk-épil Xpressive 7781 Wet & Dry epilator £66 from Boots. Use it for legs etc, but...it's amazing for pulling hair out from your face, and it leaves the super soft tiny ones, waxing looks a bit too bald i think.

SueW Sat 25-Jul-09 20:09:16

Electrolysis is the way to go, I would say, especially if you are just having odd hairs. Most practitioners will do a free consultation to see how you get on.

Also instead of having to save as with laser treatment, you can break it into smaller chunks. Round here (Notts/Derbys) it costs about £1 per min and an experienced practitioner can remove iirc about 60-100 in 20 mins. You might only need 5-10 mins at a time to treat as they coarsen now, rather than waiting until it's a much bigger problem later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now