Talk

Advanced search

Same old clothes

(7 Posts)
melmog Thu 23-Jul-09 08:56:21

Can anyone help me??

I'm going on holiday in a couple of weeks and I have NO money to buy anything new.

My wardrobe consists of plain vest tops, wide legged linen trousers, a-line patterned skirts and v neck jumpers. I'm so boring!

Is this all totally out of date? If not, I'm happy to stick with it but I've suddenly become aware that I haven't bought anything different for years.

I'm considering splurging on the credit card if it is.

I'm 5'4", a size 12-14 with a large chest and more of a tummy than I've ever had unless I hold it in tight.

Help?

jemart Thu 23-Jul-09 13:39:22

Sounds like a good basic wardrobe you have there.
Having said that, it is sale time, couldn't hurt to set yourself a small budget and splurge a little bit?

GentleOtter Thu 23-Jul-09 13:44:54

Charity shops
dye some of your existing clothes
car boot sales
or buy some new things on holiday

JackieNo Thu 23-Jul-09 13:48:02

Get some new accessories? Necklaces, bracelets, earrings, to jazz existing stuff up a bit? Loads of places do really nice jewellery these days - Tesco, and M&S seem pretty good. Or even Accessorize. If you're happy with the clothes, don't bother to buy anything new for the sake of it - what you have sounds absolutely fine.

JackieNo Thu 23-Jul-09 13:49:41

When I say 'or even Accessorize', I didn't mean they weren't good - quite the reverse. What I meant was - don't shy away from places that you might perceive as catering mainly to teenagers!

MrsBadger Thu 23-Jul-09 14:03:06

not out of date at all

get a pair of sparkly flipflops and a fab new sunhat when you are there.

melmog Thu 23-Jul-09 16:05:26

Oh, thank you all. I tend to stick to what I like and what I think suits me but was just thinking maybe I'm a bit out of date.

Off to get some flip flops and jewellery then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now