Talk

Advanced search

Wearing in new shoes quickly - tips please.

(7 Posts)
brokenspacebar Wed 22-Jul-09 21:19:55

I finally bought a pair of shoes for a wedding on Saturday. I will be wearing them all day, from 12 noon until midnight, and maybe doing a bit of ceilidh dancing.... they felt comfy enough in the shop, but they feel hard now.

I am wearing them with socks, they are suede wedges but they feel quite tight across the foot, they are the right size - should I ask my dh to wear them in for me?

girlsyearapart Thu 23-Jul-09 07:29:07

scholl party feet gel insole thingies.
score the bottoms/rub sandpaper on to stop slipping.
wear them round the house with thicker socks to stretch them.

glitterstar88 Thu 23-Jul-09 10:31:48

How about something like this

I've never used it myself though so can't tell you if it works or not.

bleh Thu 23-Jul-09 11:52:34

I think getting your DH to wear them is the best option [snigger snigger]

squashedfrogs Thu 23-Jul-09 12:00:23

Try rubbing around the inside of the tight areas with the rounded side of a spoon. It works to soften/stretch leather so presumably should also work with suede.

As a back up plan I would highly recommend scholl's Blister Plasters. They are way better than the Compeed ones and have saved my feet at numerous weddings!

nowtygaffer Thu 23-Jul-09 12:07:51

Try pushing potatoes into the toe area. It helps to stretch them a bit!!

brokenspacebar Thu 23-Jul-09 13:06:07

cheers... I did read about the punch stuff, might try the spoon option, then if I get a chance buy the punch stuff tomorrow(shoe shop or chemist?)...along with blister plasters and party gel thingies.

bleh, I really think my dh should take a turn in them, it would cheer me up if nothing else works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now