Talk

Advanced search

eye liner question

(12 Posts)
cheesesarnie Wed 22-Jul-09 20:18:19

can you clever stylish people tell me how to apply eyeliner.i have a nice pen one and now a lovely kohl one with smudger but im crap at applying it.

im fine with detailed paintings-even face painting but cannot do eyeliner!

gigglewitch Wed 22-Jul-09 20:19:27

<pulls up seat next to sarnie to wait for answers>
I look like this wink trying to put mine on...

Queenoftheharpies Wed 22-Jul-09 20:37:44

Check out Lauren Luke's excellent youtube vids - they're all about how to do makeup, especially eye makeup.

I think her youtube channel is Panacea81

AmazingBouncingFerret Wed 22-Jul-09 20:39:43

Always support your elbow when applying and use short, featherery strokes.
Im no expert but it works for me!

cheesesarnie Wed 22-Jul-09 20:46:23

oooh thanks!will look at youtube and use my elbow.

gigglewitch Wed 22-Jul-09 20:47:34

off to look at youtube as well grin

cheesesarnie Wed 22-Jul-09 20:50:34

we shall be glamourpuss's!

Jewelsandgems Wed 22-Jul-09 20:52:19

Practice does make a big difference to me. For instance, I usually wear smudged kohl (but I never use the smudger - always my finger) but am going through a liquid eyelinder phase. And after applying it each day for the last five days, find it alot easier to apply perfectly first time.

(I am still not great though, and am watching this thread with hopes of some total expert coming along)

cheesesarnie Wed 22-Jul-09 21:01:21

clips are interesting.im suprised lots of the clips say liquid eyeliner is harder than pencil- i thought it would be the other way round(not that i can do either)

dc school broke up today so i can practise eyeliner without scaring people on the school run.(i wont leave the house for 6 weeks).

Jewelsandgems Wed 22-Jul-09 21:09:39

Just watched Laurel Luke the everyday eyeliner one and it was great! I think maybe I am using the wrong product too. My liquid eyeliner is a maybelline kind of felt tip one, not a brush one.

frAKKINPannikin Wed 22-Jul-09 21:10:58

Practice makes perfect.

Don't pull the skin on your eyes tight out to the side as you apply!

cheesesarnie Sat 25-Jul-09 12:30:04

ive been practising and have almost got the hang of it.im almost stylishgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now