Advanced search

Maternity knitting patterns

(14 Posts)
MamaLazarou Wed 22-Jul-09 16:46:48

I can't find any.

HELP

Pruneurs Wed 22-Jul-09 16:47:47

There aren't many!
Have a look on Ravelry, there are a few there.

tattycoram Wed 22-Jul-09 16:50:05

There are tons of lovely wraps and shawls on ravelry though. Are you after a cardigan or jumper?

MamaLazarou Wed 22-Jul-09 16:51:45

Long cardi or a jumper, I hadn't really thought about it.

tattycoram Wed 22-Jul-09 16:56:32

I did see a very nice plain open wrap type thing that I am vaguely planning to make if I ever manage to get pregnant again here. Or what about something like this - not specifically maternity but would work with a bump. (Have assumed you're on ravelry, if not, def worth registering)

MamaLazarou Wed 22-Jul-09 17:00:24

I'm not on Ravelry, but thank you both for the suggestion. I'm a terrible knitter (can only do scarves, hats and boat-necked baby jumpers) but was planning to send pattern & wool to my lovely godmother who knits like a dream.

I might join up and have a look.

Pruneurs Wed 22-Jul-09 17:04:47

Oh do - you will find a lot of ideas.
Any kind of loose-fronted jumper thing will do - I saw one just the other day and thought "I would look pregnant in that" so it's probably a good one!

MamaLazarou Wed 22-Jul-09 17:09:27

Oh wow, that 'Portia' wrap jumper thing is beautiful - and looks easy enough that even I might be able to make it!

is there a link to the pattern, or do I have to buy it in a book? Sorry for so many questions.

tattycoram Wed 22-Jul-09 17:23:10

I thought it was free to download, but it looks as if you have to buy it - click on "Portia" on that link and it says it is published in a Rowan book

MamaLazarou Thu 23-Jul-09 09:53:15

Thanks heaps for all your help, everyone. xx

HensMum Thu 23-Jul-09 09:56:52

There's a lovely book called "Natural Knits for Babies and Mums" which has a couple of maternity jumpers, a breastfeeding wrap and lots of nice baby things. All the patterns use organic yarn but you could sub anything that would work.
Will try and find a link..

HensMum Thu 23-Jul-09 09:59:48

Here you go
Just remembered that some of the nursing jumpers are a bit dodgy but there is a nice maternity jumper and the baby stuff is really good so it would be a worthwhile buy I think.

MamaLazarou Thu 23-Jul-09 17:48:05

Ooh, you are lovely. Ta very much hensmum.

BornToFolk Fri 04-Sep-09 20:33:50

Just got a book out of the library and it has some lovely maternity stuff in and really nice things for babies too.

It is Baby Bloom by Erika Knight. Would really recommend it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now