Talk

Advanced search

Jeans. Not too ££, flattering to size 12, 5ft7 and don't go through in the crotch area after 9 months.

(13 Posts)
sassy Wed 22-Jul-09 16:22:55

Thanking yew for suggestions.

MamaLazarou Wed 22-Jul-09 16:51:02

M&S do lovely stretchy jeans in a 'long leg' size. They are very flattering, especially round the bum.

MuffinToptheMule Wed 22-Jul-09 18:25:34

I am the same size and height as you and all my jeans used to rip in the crotch. I still to this day don't know why they did. I don't have a particularly spiky fanjo. It never happened to any of my friends. Well, it doesn't happen anymore thankfully as wearing crotchless jeans was getting quite embarrassing. I now live in jeans from Gap. I've got loads of different types and the crotches are all intact.

southeastastra Wed 22-Jul-09 18:26:48

how weird, do you lot bend alot?

Spoo Wed 22-Jul-09 18:30:36

I am complete oppositre to you physically - very short legs! But I love New look jeans and they are cheap enough so that when they rip I don't get too upset. I find mine tend to go at the knee though.

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:32:20

Message withdrawn

MuffinToptheMule Wed 22-Jul-09 18:37:42

My legs are quite short even though I am 5ft 7. My body is really long. New Look jeans were the worst for ripping. They would rip after about 4 months. I really don't bend much either, not unless I've dropped a sweet on the floor. smile.

Riven, I don't think I've ever had talked to you but I 'know who you are' blush and when I was on holiday I had a dream about you and your youngest DD.

sarah293 Wed 22-Jul-09 18:39:38

Message withdrawn

nickschick Wed 22-Jul-09 18:43:11

hmm@ spikey fanjo grin

MuffinToptheMule Wed 22-Jul-09 18:57:01

Oh god, I don't know you in real life. I just meant I know or recognise you from MN. I'm sorry to say that you didn't win the lottery. But you were on holiday with me. Very strange I know.

poshtottie Wed 22-Jul-09 19:03:08

crew clothing has a lot of its jeans on sale at the moment. They come in two lengths.

I ordered two pairs yesterday at around £20 each down from £70

sassy Thu 23-Jul-09 08:45:10

lol at spiky fanjo. Actually it is more like spiky-very-top-of-upper-thigh.

Some useful advice here - I'd rather spend a bit more and get non-ripping jeans than buy cheap and chuck away actually, so will try Gap. Ta all.

thighsmadeofcheddar Thu 23-Jul-09 08:54:36

Meant to post last night, try Esprit too, I am roughly the same size as you and I love their jeans. I live in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now