Talk

Advanced search

I've been convinced. So tell me about leggings

(8 Posts)
bleh Wed 22-Jul-09 13:42:36

Despite resisting for years, I have now succomb and would like to get some. I'm late 20s, I have decent legs (lots of walking and climbing stairs) and am a size 10.

So, where to buy? What length? and if I could look this fabulous in them I would be very happy

countryhousehotel Wed 22-Jul-09 13:56:34

They are fantastic. I succumbed after reading an article in The Times a few weeks ago about how they are chic and look fabulous under all sorts of things including wrap dresses etc however old / big you are! I've been living in them for weeks under shirt dresses, smock dresses, wrap dresses etc.

Personally, being shortish and a classic english pear shape I favour full length rather than cropped as they elongate the leg and are more flattering to my shape. I've had loads of compliments when I've teamed them with wrap / shirt dresses - a couple of friends raced out to buy themselves some too! I'm 40 and don't have great legs so they are a lifesaver if you don't want to wear tights and/or high heels which was the most flattering way for me to wear dresses, until i discovered leggings as i can now wear dresses with leggings and flats.

I've looked at American Apparel, Top Shop, Falke and Tchibo. M&S do good ones too. All good but different (fabrics, price etc - some do different denier like Tchibo).

SetSquare Wed 22-Jul-09 13:57:13

i think the leegin and dress thing is a bit pregnancy tbh and a bit of a mess

cheesesarnie Wed 22-Jul-09 21:21:46

i got mine in topshop and theyre great.im petite so went for full length rather than cropped.

why did you link that picture-i want that coat and ive spent 3 days convincing myself i do not need another coat!!

bleh Thu 23-Jul-09 11:49:47

Actually, the coat in the picture was from TopShop (circa 2007).

I now have leggings from TopShop, full length ones. Will start thinking of outfits to put them with today.

missmelly Thu 23-Jul-09 12:00:19

just make sure they're thick ones! have seen a lot of ladies out and about with thin leggings on and you can see flesh underneath and they just look wrong!

CybilLiberty Thu 23-Jul-09 12:01:28

Wear half decent shoes (like the girl in the picture)

cheesesarnie Sat 25-Jul-09 12:28:16

wow- i love that coat.

yes leggings need to be thick enough!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now