Talk

Advanced search

last week i say a v. chic slender woman with wonderful hair....

(33 Posts)
Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 10:56:04

then she turned round and it was like something out of a horror show. her hairline was on the top of her head from face lifts and she was botoxed to buggery. i imagine all her friends look the same and they all think they look frightfully young instead of just frightful.

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 10:56:51

Perhaps she'll stop when she starts getting a beard

MrsBadger Wed 22-Jul-09 10:57:19

1664, innit

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 10:59:09

what does beer have to do with it? [naive]

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:00:20

16 from behind, 64 from the front...

also known as BOBFOC, body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch!

LaurieFairyCake Wed 22-Jul-09 11:01:21

I can't honestly say anymore I wouldn't do the same (if I had the cash). hmm

I have suddenly started to look a bit shit - and I mean suddenly, all this year (birthday 37 in a couple of weeks).

My skin is slackening round the jaw, skin has large pores, for some reason freckles and blotchiness more prominent. I have a wrinkle next to my nose which won't go away. And am much more lined round my eyes.

I have always til now looked ten years younger than my actual age. Definitely not now - I think I look early 30's now. I'm pretty sure I can't pass for in my 20's.

I would now no longer judge - but I'd have joined you six months ago grin

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 11:01:30

ahhh! yes that is it exactly.

BonsoirAnna Wed 22-Jul-09 11:02:29

Oh there are LOADS of women like that around here in Paris, especially in the 16th arrondissement. Mutton dressed as lamb doesn't begin to describe it!

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 11:02:31

laurie she looked really alarming. i am sure you don't look shit!

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:02:51

But Laurie, botox eventually makes you look like a marble statue. I have a friend who has over indulged and her skin is wierd.. all shiny and flat... looks odd.

BonsoirAnna Wed 22-Jul-09 11:03:53

Laurie - at 32 men mistook me for 22. At 35 they mistook me for 30. At 38 - well, I looked 38 sad.

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 11:04:26

mutton dressed as lamb doesn't even touch this though. she was impeccably dressed and her hair was all blonde softness, but when she turned round it was like a halloween mask

LaurieFairyCake Wed 22-Jul-09 11:05:37

I wouldn't have Botox but I can seriously imagine going the chemical peel route til 50's and then having whatever minor (!) facelift procedure.

Or it may just be I haven't come to terms with ageing as it's happened so fast - I might be alright by next year.

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:07:37

Chemical peels Laurie? Ouch, have you seen how scabby you are afterwards?

Personally I think the only thing I'd have done to my face would be a bit of thread vein removal and perhaps a little lasering to get rid of some hyper pigmentation. Other than that, nada. Too scared. If a boob job goes wrong you can always hide it, you can't hide your face.

LaurieFairyCake Wed 22-Jul-09 11:08:16

ah, feck Anna, that's what I was afraid of sad

That suddenly it all catches up with us.....

Chevre Wed 22-Jul-09 11:10:46

get your eyebrows done and a professional hair colour.

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:13:14

I've had to change most of my make up recently as my skin is changing as I get older and I need to look more.... rosy, sort of, as I'm looking a little grey and flat. Don't have that pinky glow you have when you're young any more. Get yourself to Mac Laurie and rethink make up... and do as chevre says, have a rethink about hair (cut and colour). Works wonders.

BonsoirAnna Wed 22-Jul-09 11:13:27

Yup, but you don't continue to age at 16 biological years every 6 calendar years thereafter!

BonsoirAnna Wed 22-Jul-09 11:14:19

Yes, and you need to change the colour of your clothes, too.

Basically you lose colour in your skin and hair as you age and you need to wear softer make-up and brighter clothes to compensate.

ZZZenAgain Wed 22-Jul-09 11:14:30

well at least she looks alright from the back

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:15:18

Zen that's what I was saying to my mum at the weekend, surely it's better to look good from behind than to look bad at all angles?

HeadFairy Wed 22-Jul-09 11:16:41

Another mistake these very wealthy, super groomed women make is they're too thin. It comes down to the face versus body debate when you're over 40. If you're rake thin your face looks crap, you have to accept that putting on a bit of weight makes your face look a heck of a lot better as the fat gives your face a more youthful plumped up look.

That's why I look so youthful

Bettymum Wed 22-Jul-09 11:20:27

Never, never look at your face in a magnifying mirror first thing in the morning while holding your peachy delicious 18-month DD up against your face whilst cuddling her.

<shudders at the memory>

Bettymum Wed 22-Jul-09 11:22:12

Oh and don't do the chemical peel thing Laurie, my friend did one and she can't really go out in the sun now because her skin is so sensitive .
Just look at yourself in the flattering deliciously scented candlelight you will look lovely .

LaurieFairyCake Wed 22-Jul-09 12:08:02

Thanks Betty, that's a lovely thing to say smile

<shudders> at magnifying mirror

I'm definitely a bright clothes wearer though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now